Question about Waitlist: Multiple 1 day requests vs 1 multi-day request

arissavolk

Yer Face
How does waitlist work for a request for multiple days? Is it better to make 3 separate 1 day requests than one request for 3 days?
If I made a multi-day waitlist request and a room became available for only 1 of those days, what would happen?

How does waitlist work for a request for multiple days? Is it better to make 3 separate 1 day requests than one request for 3 days?
If I made a multi-day waitlist request and a room became available for only 1 of those days, what would happen?

You can only have 2 active waitlists so you can’t do 3 separate.

On a multi day waitlist, all nights must come open at once. If one night came open, you would be passed over.

On a multi day waitlist, all nights must come open at once. If one night came open, you would be passed over.
I would definitely suggest waitlisting days one by one. As soon as one waitlist fills with a day, start another waitlist for another day, and so on, until you have your trip put together. I put our February 2018 trip together day by day between August and October. It was a bit nerve-wracking, but it happened. I did have a backup reservation, though.

Good luck!

I would also stalk the website. I pulled together a 5 night trip one time by stalking the website, about 2 months before checkin. I had a 5 night waitlist. Nights 3, 4 and 5 came open when I checked, booked them, changed the waitlist. Then I saw night 2 open, booked it and changed the waitlist. Night 1 came through on the waitlist about 28 days before. Member Services combined the reservations.

I would agree that you are best off splitting the waitlist in two. We always do this when we can. I can't say that it's worked any better that way, but I have gotten days piecemeal.

I would also stalk the website. I pulled together a 5 night trip one time by stalking the website, about 2 months before checkin. I had a 5 night waitlist. Nights 3, 4 and 5 came open when I checked, booked them, changed the waitlist. Then I saw night 2 open, booked it and changed the waitlist. Night 1 came through on the waitlist about 28 days before. Member Services combined the reservations.

I agree. Stalk the website and don't rely on the waitlist. Especially if it's a longer period of time. You might be able to snatch some of the days this way, or even might catch the dates you waitlisted before they come through on the waitlist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts