Question about parking costs

normmo

DIS Veteran
If we are staying onsite, do we have to pay for parking if we drive to the parks and park in the garage?

There’s zero incentive to do that. No matter which hotel you’re staying at onsite, driving to the parking garage is unnecessary. You’ll be going away from Hard Rock, Portofino and RP and you can walk to the parks quickly it take water taxis. Cabana Bay’s bus lets you off at the garage. Sapphire Falls has water taxis too. I don’t know about a parking charge, to answer your actual question. :) But, you’ll be making life harder vs easier if you drive. :)

Once you’ve paid for parking at the hotel there’s no need to move the car to the parking garage there.

You would pay again to park as the hotels are a different entity to Universal. The hotels are all within walking distance to the parks and you can use the boats too.

Park your car and forget about it unless you go offsite for anything.

Makes no sense to take the car to the parks. The Garage is almost as far from the parks as the hotels.

I would say it’s farther, especially if you get a far away parking spot. And there are waaaaaaaay more people to wade through.

So OP along with how much everyone else has said it, yes you would pay to park there but please don’t park there. It makes NO sense.

Last edited:
I would say it’s farther, especially if you get a far away parking spot. And there are waaaaaaaay more people to wade through.

So OP along with how much everyone else has said it, yes you wouldn’t pay to park there but please don’t park there. It makes NO sense.

Wouldn't pay to park there? I think they would have to pay to park there. I don't believe that parking at the hotel lets you park for free in the parking garage.

Wouldn't pay to park there? I think they would have to pay to park there. I don't believe that parking at the hotel lets you park for free in the parking garage.

Autocorrect and not watching strike again. I’ve now edited it.

Yes you would pay. And it makes no sense. :):)

Don’t think she meant parking is waived

Many use the expression “doesn’t pay” to do something

Bumbershoot does the dark side and knows parking at the hotel is separate than parking in the garage onsite

Agree with all above. Universal's transportation system is quite efficient and is a lot better at cutting time from hotel door to park gate than the place down the road. I have, on several occasions, elected to use my car at Disney over their bus transportation. At Universal, my car has stayed parked unless I drove it offsite somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!