Question about pace rules for 10k

Thanks, @FFigawi for that. I apologize for you having to waste time defending my honor when @cavepig yet AGAIN feels like she can only validate herself by contradicting me. Seriously, Jeanine - I get that you hate me and think you know more than me, but how about you find someone else to contradict, because your bit is SOOOOO tired.
Um, okay...I just asked a question on how you could know that since it was new...no need to attack with things that don't even make sense from just me asking a question on a public discussion board. I don't even get this at all. I don't use my name on here, and using it even if spelled wrong is creepy

Last edited:
I did tell DH I think it's odd they put the slower runners last. I know it's to keep them out of the way of the faster runners but at a course like Disney has there is more than enough room to pass.

There are some narrow spots in places.

I apologize for you having to waste time defending my honor when @cavepig yet AGAIN feels like she can only validate herself by contradicting me.

I asked the question, too, (before cavepig even!) and I don't hate you or love to contradict you. It's not a bad question when one doesn't know or remember everything there is to know about a person. :)

I'm also mystified as to how the person got the usatf course for princess. I've tried to figure out that website since, and it's not easy!

Well I would love to have any info and advice @Keels can give me.

I'm in a similar situation where last year when sign ups happened a 10k was a no brainer. Then life happened badly and I'm barely finishing a mile now. I can walk the entire distance but I'm stressed about being swept too. Hard core the next few weeks training to simply not be swept and be able to finish. And not get hurt again. Lol

@FFigawi Thatll have to be our plan. Lol

We are hoping to be able to run, slowly, at least two miles. That would give us some extra leeway too.

Just nervous about the sweeping.

and you do realize I just asked a question how she knew something about a new course, I didn't contradict her advice or say anything to warrant such a harsh comment as she made. Asking questions or having different opinions and not agreeing with someone is the nature of discussion boards, her personal attack on me makes no sense. I don't hate her, I don't even know her so I'm not sure where that came from. How am I supposed to know she volunteers a lot as a bike monitor?!?! I don't post with my name either so it's creepy when someone tries to use your name on here. Sorry, but her post was out of line.

Last edited:

We all would. Absolutely. No one here has said that they don't want info or advice. :)

I just asked a question how she knew something about a new course

Exactly. Or even for an old course! I was simply mystified as to how someone could look up the bike info. Though I also would think that sort of insider info wouldn't be allowed to be shared, but if it is and she won't get into trouble, please Keels, share away!

And someone please tell me how to figure out that track&field course site. :)

Miracles upon miracles, we ended up in corral B for the race tomorrow. I may just stand a chance of staying in front of the pace ladies. I'd pretty much decided against running but I think we may just attempt it after all

I figured!

How did it go today?

I figured!

How did it go today?
We are both ashamed to say we bailed. Our dinner went way long last night, over 2 hours at Artist Point. We cut it close to our race bed time as it was. By the time we were done it was so late there was no way we could get up for the race. And we were both very worried that if we did push ourselves and get up we'd be toast tonight, and it's our anniversary. We have dinner planned at Naroccees during fireworks. We knew all along it was pushing things. We should have signed up for the 5k. That we could have done, easy.

And the fact that my ankle is still in pretty bad shape. I've had to keep a wrap on it all week

We are both ashamed to say we bailed. Our dinner went way long last night, over 2 hours at Artist Point. We cut it close to our race bed time as it was. By the time we were done it was so late there was no way we could get up for the race. And we were both very worried that if we did push ourselves and get up we'd be toast tonight, and it's our anniversary. We have dinner planned at Naroccees during fireworks. We knew all along it was pushing things. We should have signed up for the 5k. That we could have done, easy.

And the fact that my ankle is still in pretty bad shape. I've had to keep a wrap on it all week

Don't feel ashamed! Life happens. Perhaps next year you'll be back for the 10K.

Any shot at a refund or deferral?

Any shot at a refund or deferral?
I may ask but I doubt it.

I know someone who accidentally signed her self up for the Light Side instead of the Dark Side (no idea how you manage that but she did) and didn't figure it out till a couple weeks ago. The Dark Side Half isn't even sold out and they wouldn't let her move her registration. I figure if they won't help her out we have little chance. I may shoot an email. Figure it can't hurt

I know they really don't give in much and it was 100% our choice. I pretty much accepted when we decided not to do it we'd be out the entry fee

I know someone who accidentally signed her self up for the Light Side instead of the Dark Side (no idea how you manage that but she did) and didn't figure it out till a couple weeks ago.

Oh ouch. Then again, they must get enough people doing that, because when signing my cousin up for next year's Princess I noticed that there's a new checkmark to make, and it's the one stating that I understand that Princess is in Orlando.

RunDisney doesn't do refunds and stopped doing deferrals a while ago now.

They don't do deferrals, but ever since they got rid of the deferral process they *have* been making individual decisions to refund (with Disney giftcards), partially or in full, on a case by case basis.

Sorry Angi. I assume you're happy with your decision and not truly ashamed :) Hope your anniversary was nice and without exhaustion. :)

Oh ouch. Then again, they must get enough people doing that, because when signing my cousin up for next year's Princess I noticed that there's a new checkmark to make, and it's the one stating that I understand that Princess is in Orlando.

They don't do deferrals, but ever since they got rid of the deferral process they *have* been making individual decisions to refund (with Disney giftcards), partially or in full, on a case by case basis.

Sorry Angi. I assume you're happy with your decision and not truly ashamed :) Hope your anniversary was nice and without exhaustion. :)
No, not ashamed but we were a bit disappointed in ourselves. Especially when we saw all the folks in the parks with their medals. But yes, we had a wonderful dinner, enjoyed Wishes one last time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter