Question about Hilton Head.

DisGirlAllie

DIS Veteran
This Christmas my parents and I will be going to Hilton Head. I will say that I've seen the resort and it is gorgeous! But I have to ask. What do you do while you're there? I mean you could go to the beach but it's December. So what do you do there? And if you have any pictures of the hotel and stuff that would be great too.

This Christmas my parents and I will be going to Hilton Head. I will say that I've seen the resort and it is gorgeous! But I have to ask. What do you do while you're there? I mean you could go to the beach but it's December. So what do you do there? And if you have any pictures of the hotel and stuff that would be great too.

Harbortowne and Shelter cove have shopping. Golf, but we are not golfers. You can also go to Savannah 1 hour away.

Peace and quiet. The beach is beautiful when it is deserted.

Lots of shopping, mini golf, regular golf, tennis, great places to eat. Day trips to Savannah and Beaufort.

There is a local movie theater.

Rent bikes-the resort has a 4 hour bicycle rental, perfect time period for biking to the Beach House and biking around a little before I get pooped out! Go to Sea Pines Nature Preserve-we love walking the Boardwalk and paths there. Walk around Sea Pines marina to see the boats. Rent a movie (free if you're DVC members). Visit Big Murgie's Den in the afternoon for hot cider and home-made cookies.

At least one of the pools is heated, and December can still have reasonable temperatures at Hilton Head! We went there once after Christmas and enjoyed highs in the 70s. The island is covered with bike trails...and then there is always biking ON the beach, which is more fun when it isn't crowded!:thumbsup2

The resort has a neat crabbing pier, and if you have never done so, it is really cool to pull them out of the water (even though we turned around and threw them back!) There is ping-pong both at the beach house and at the main resort. Oh, and my kids can spend hours playing shuffleboard, which lets dad and I do whatever...

Hilton Head is well known for great restaurants, world class tennis and golf, and amazing shopping. Do you prefer outlets or pricey boutiques...you can find both. There is also a movie theater on the island and I would guess maybe another in Bluffton, just off of the island.

Or you can just sit in a rocking chair looking at the gorgeous landscape and reading a book in probably nothing more than a sweatshirt!

Depending on how long you are staying and if you have transportation, the downtown lights in both historic Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA are beautiful. Charleston is a bit longer of a drive but imo, a much prettier display.

Other than that, I agree with previous posters regarding the benefits of an "empty" island. Take in a day or more at Sea Pines (more lights), stroll on the beach, enjoy the hot tub, visit Coligny Plaza (more lights).

Enjoy!

We went last year for New Year's and plan to go again this year. We relaxed, ate at local restaurants, took part in some fun resort activities (fishing, campfires) and walked the beach looking at shells. It was not as cold as we expected. We could have swimmed in the heated pool, but didn't have our suits. It was truly a relaxing vacation and we can't wait to go again in 4 months.

Here's a pic of the firepit.
smallfirepit.jpg

Wish I could remember Doc's website address. Hopefully he'll see this and post it for you. But here is a HHI slideshow site.

http://www.tagrel.com/Tours/DVC/HHI/HHISlideShow.shtml

Hey! Savannah is much prettier...you should come here instead!

No harm intended Conan. We LOVE Savannah and prefer it to Charleston, it's just that the last time we were down during the Holidays, Charleston seemed to have more lights up and more displays. That was years ago though, pre-DVC, so I suppose Savannah might have caught up.

Maybe we'll come down for New Years this year...

We went last year for New Year's and plan to go again this year. We relaxed, ate at local restaurants, took part in some fun resort activities (fishing, campfires) and walked the beach looking at shells. It was not as cold as we expected. We could have swimmed in the heated pool, but didn't have our suits. It was truly a relaxing vacation and we can't wait to go again in 4 months.

Here's a pic of the firepit.
smallfirepit.jpg
Thanks for that picture! Until I saw the picture, I never knew it was a Hidden Mickey.

I was surprised with the amount of Hidden Mickey's at HH. My friend went around and took pictures of all of them (a hobby of his.) It was just a subtle way to let you know you were still experiencing the Disney magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter