• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about BWV Studio locations

ReneeQ

DIS Veteran
I am planning an 8 night trip in a studio at BWV for Oct. 2002. In Oct. 2000 we were in a Boardwalk View 1BR and in Jan. 2001 we were in a standard view studio, so I've seen the best and the worst views. Due to low points (we're cruising on points this month) I'm leaning towards a standard view studio for the Oct. 2002 trip. BUT a preferred view is only 21 points more for the whole trip.

So here's my question. I know Boardwalk view isn't guaranteed (but that's the only view worth the extra points, in my opinion.) Does anyone know how many Boardwalk view studios there are? Just trying to guess my chances here. If there are only a handful of Boardwalk view studios, but lots of canal or pool view studios, those aren't great odds, so I'd probably just stick with standard view and save my 21 points.

I hope this makes sense! Anyone know the number of studios for the different views?
Thanks.

Not exactly sure but from my knowledge of the area I would guess in the 25 or a little more range overlooking BW, and a lot of those are also part of the 2BR inventory. It is probably less than 12% of total possible studio inventory (which includes all 2BR's that can be divided).

hi: i was never lucky enough to get a boardwalk view-only pools and canal views. i was really hesitant about booking standard views, but i was wrong. we don't usually spend a lot of time on the balconies or looking out the windows. standard views are now what we try to book. the last standard view i had was may of this year, overlooking the front drive and port cochere(sp?). it suited us well.

We stay at BWV at least twice a year and always book at 11 months. In 1996, 1997 & 1998 we requested boardwalk views and only 1 time out of 6 did we actually get a bwview. Starting in 1999, we started booking standard view rooms because we did not believe a preferred view was worth the extra points. we now request standard view 4th flr, facing Epcot . At night you can actually see the fire works form Epcot. we usually end up near the end of the hall at the stairway which leads out to walkway along canal. This is really convenient for walking to MGM.

Renee, I'm really glad you asked this question. I have wondered the same things myself, having never stayed at BWV yet even though it's my home resort. I'll soon be calling to make ressies at BWV using the 11 month window. I think I'm going to try for a standard view studio, and save those precious points. Disney Queen, I like the info you gave about the 4th floor facing Epcot. Sounds good to me! By the way, is the 4th floor the top floor in that part of BWV?

Happy trip planning, Renee! :cool:

travelbug,

I believe the top floor is the 5th flr. we have only stayed on the 5th floor 1 time. The 4th & 5th floors are both great view for the fireworks at Epcot. For our April 2001 trip which we booked 11 mths we requested a 1bdrm near rm 4121. I am not sure what our actual room # was, but it was within the same area. Make sure you request a room facing the bus stop because I believe that some of the rooms in that area face the back side of the tennis courts.
I hope this is helpful.

I just returned from BWV's two weeks ago. We spent one night in 2085, on the same floor as the lobby, and the rest of the week in 2121. Both were facing the bus stop and the Epcot fireworks. However, we really didn't try to be on the balcony for the fireworks, since they're much better from inside the park or from the lake.

Our 1BR was down at the end near the tennis courts, but still faced the bus stop. So we went down one flight of stairs and out the door to walk the short distance to the bus stop.

After staying in both Luna Pool views and standard views, I would definitely prefer the standard views. We don't spend much time in the room and it does save on points.

Just my opinion . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter