Purchasing Tickets on UT to Upgrade to Season Passes

JamieOak

You ain't never had a friend like me
I am purchasing tickets on Undercover Tourist to upgrade to season passes at the park because we plan to go twice in the rest of 2017. I think I understand this process, but what is confusing me a little is the option to buy 2-park or 3-park tickets on UT. Our goal is to upgrade to 3-park season passes so we can go to VB. The current options on UT that I think are the best deals are:
$288.55 for 2-days + 2 free 2-park passes (park to park)
$303.43 for 2 days + 1 free 3-park passes (park to park)

I tried running some numbers and I think the $303.43 ticket will save us about $17 more per ticket, just using the current online ticket prices on Universal's website. I'm looking for someone more experienced to confirm this before I buy. Or am I overthinking it? I tend to do that.

It is not always a sure thing. The buy 2 get 2 might get you a 4 day credit or a 2 day credit, depending on the ticket. Same with the buy 2 get 1.

It is not always a sure thing. The buy 2 get 2 might get you a 4 day credit or a 2 day credit, depending on the ticket. Same with the buy 2 get 1.

Oh...This is the first I'm hearing this. Last year when we bought a deal like that through Undercover Tourist (buy 2 get 1) we got 3 day tickets mailed to us. Is that not always the case?

Is it a difficult process to upgrade? I'm going in January with my family. I want an annual pass for the discount it will get me on hotel rate (likely, this is all based on availability of course). I have a choice to buy 7 tickets on undercover tourist (the 2 day get 1 free 2 park park to park ticket) and upgrade one once we get there to Annual pass, or buy 6 on UT, and just buy my annual pass on Universal website. Any help is greatly appreciated for this Canadian Universal noob.

Well I can update how my upgrade went in September. I was only credited for the 2 days (not the 2 free days), so I didn't actually save any money doing it that way. But the upgrade process was very easy at guest services, even with buying the tickets from another seller and not directly from Universal. My only advice is to go for the upgrade at a time when you see a guest relations without a long line. Because the worst part is the slow moving line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter