Purchasing resale

mimmiepnp

DIS Veteran
i have always bought thru Disney directly but just put an offer in on a resale property thru the Timeshare Store. If this is approved, is this resale linked to my DVC membership number and if so, how is that done?
Is there anything that I need to know when purchasing resale?? I own 360 points directly thru Disney so the perks won’t be an issue but just wondering if anything else I need to know.

Thank you
Mimmie

i have always bought thru Disney directly but just put an offer in on a resale property thru the Timeshare Store. If this is approved, is this resale linked to my DVC membership number and if so, how is that done?
After passing ROFR, and prior to closing, the title company should send you a form that asks for your current membership status (if they don't you'll want to inform them of your current status). There are two key points to linking your contracts under the same membership:

1- Contracts need to be of the same UY (both direct and resale contracts - regardless of home resort - will need to share the same UY - Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, or Dec)
2- Contracts should to be titled exactly the same - complete names match, order matches, etc.
Is there anything that I need to know when purchasing resale??
Unless you include the "No Child Surrender" clause, buying resale will involve relinquishing parental rights over your second-born child to Disney after passing ROFR (but prior to closing). This is covered in detail in _auroraborealis_'s post from last year and can be found here (from a quick google search of resale vs. direct). But that (as well as the other differences enumerated) are moot given you've already signed a contract. Worth a read though in case your contract gets taken and you have to take another run at it.

Bit me on my first contract, but fool me once shame on you, fool me... you can't get fooled again.

If the new contract is in the same use year and titled exactly the same, then it should show up in your existing membership account after you close.

edited to add: Oops, Bing Showei explained it far better than I did while I was typing. When I used the Timeshare store I mentioned my existing membership to them, don’t recall filling out a form - but I might have :)

When we added a second contract, we didnt use the Timeshare store, but had a form to fill out with our membership number and how we wanted the contract Titled.
With the same membership number and Titled the same, we had no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter