Purchasing an AP

DizBelle

DIS Veteran
We will be purchasing APs for our next visit. Our plan is to check in to the hotel as soon as we arrive (around 1pm or so) then take the bus to MK for fun into the evening. Can we buy annual passes at the ticket windows at the front gates of MK where the busses drop you off? We don't have to buy them at the TTC do we?

You can't save any $$ by buying them early can you?

Originally posted by lfontaine
We will be purchasing APs for our next visit...Can we buy annual passes at the ticket windows at the front gates of MK where the busses drop you off? We don't have to buy them at the TTC do we?

Yes you can buy them at the ticket windows at the MK.

HBC

Are there ticket windows at the entrance to the MK? I guess I am having a brain-fog, but I just can't remember. I think you would be better off purchasing them at the resort.

I just read on allearsnet that Ap's can't be purchased at the resort...

You can also purchase them at the airport (from what I remember reading) and they'll be activated at the same time.

We have been buying our AP's for several years. We usually buy them at the Disney store before we leave, but we have to call ahead and speak to the manager to be sure they will have one onhand. With the Disney stores being phased out, last year we bought them online and they were mailed to us. They are a little less expensive if you buy them ahead of time. Unlike Park Hopper Passes, they are dated and are good for 1 year from the date you first use (not purchase) them, so they have to be activated before you go into your first park. We always stop by the ticket window (there is one at each park) on our first day. Depending on the line, it can take a few minutes, so be sure to allow for this.

There is only one drawback to having an AP, and that is that as long as you have it, it is likely to "call to you". We keep talking about how "if we use it just one more time before it expires, it becomes a bigger bargain and smarter purchase. It happens every year. We bought these last fall and activated them November 1st for 2 weeks at the Polynesian. Then in January, we thought we'd just take a quick run over there to check out the new Value Resort, Pop Century at the AP rate of $49 per night (what a value!). Now that the time is about to expire, we just can't resist just "one more quick trip before they expire".

Enjoy!

Originally posted by Kala
...They are a little less expensive if you buy them ahead of time....

Point of information: no they aren't. AP's are the only Disney ticket that is the same price no matter where or when you buy it. There is no advance purchase discount on AP's.

Unlike Park Hopper Passes, they are dated and are good for 1 year from the date you first use (not purchase) them, so they have to be activated before you go into your first park...

Again a point of information: The AP voucher is not dated and does not expire. It can be exchanged at any time in the future for the actual AP. The activated AP will be dated and run for 366 days. The one year period on the activated AP starts the moment you exchange the voucher. First use has no bearing on the expiration.

Kala - I'm laughing about the AP calling to you - I know just what you mean! You end up spending thousands more to save more money! After all, your admission is paid for, right?

Lfontaine - Just an additional note - if you're considering annual passes, don't forget to keep your eyes open for some great AP rates at the resorts. If you do manage to get an AP rate, you'll have to have the AP (or voucher - depends on which CM you speak to) to show when you check in.

you can also purchase them online!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

good luck
jen
:earsgirl:

Oh, yes, it DOES call you....Mine is only about two weeks old, and I keep hearing it every time I walk by my hidey-hole where I keep it. "Maddle....Maddle....go to Disney....go shop at World of Disney and save 10%....you could do Christmas shopping....Maddle....one more plunge on Splash Mountain...."

It's just terrible - "Please pipe down, will ya." but Nooooo - it just keeps calling and calling.

Okay - I'm hopeless.

Maddle

I'm really relieved to hear that mine isn't the only talking AP. They must all be programmed to say the same things, kinda like a Pal Mickey! ;)

Annual passes + DVC + Travelocity auto email for cheap airfares = Danger = PRICELESS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter