Purchase Finalized!

Disneymom20

Earning My Ears
We just closed today on a resale for Animal Kingdom! This is our first purchase - we still plan to buy direct at some point but started with a resale at Animal Kingdom :) Very excited!!

I apologize if these questions have already been answered in a thread !

I see that some mention that they check online to see if the contract has been updated in the Disney system. When can we do this as this is our first DVC purchase?

Once it is in the system we are looking to book our first stay with DVC! How does it work to add park tickets? Is there a way to link everything as with other reservations?

We still may purchase direct this year. Our use year is September - any advantage to having the same use year?

Thanks so much! During the process of deciding what to do there have been so much great information posted here! I really appreciated it!

As a first contract buyer you will be able to log on to the DVC member site once DVC has loaded your membership acct./contract onto the site. You can wait a couple of weeks for mail from DVC and then call to get your activation code and set up your log in. Or you can call and try member administration on the phone tree to see it they’ll give you access earlier - generally about 10 days after you close, but that varies - check the “closing time” thread for current wait times/success w/ calling.

You link your tickets via MDE, just like before you owned. You put your DVC reservation number into MDE too, if the MDE site doesn’t automatically populate the info.. My DVC and MDE email address and passwords are the same.

The advantage of having the same use year is that you can easily combine points to make one reservation and it’s easier to keep track of banking deadlines, plus you’ll only have one membership number. Two use years = two membership numbers and to combine points you’ll need to transfer from one membership to the other which I think you can only do once a year.

Welcome home, AKV was my first contract too, lovely resort, IMHO.

We just closed today on a resale for Animal Kingdom! This is our first purchase - we still plan to buy direct at some point but started with a resale at Animal Kingdom :) Very excited!!
Congrats! (I don't know the answers to any of the other questions, lol. We are still saving to purchase in a few months)

If you are going to purchase direct and want September I would call a guide right away and get on a waitlist. I did direct first and now resale. There are more advantages to same UY than the disadvantages to different UY's. If you got a September UY now direct from Disney you would get the 2017 points and they let you bank them. You also don't have to pay dues on them and the 2018 dues are pro-rated. I had to wait about a month for my OKW direct purchase. (I bought OKW after giving up waiting for over 2 months for BLT).

If you are going to purchase direct and want September I would call a guide right away and get on a waitlist. I did direct first and now resale. There are more advantages to same UY than the disadvantages to different UY's. If you got a September UY now direct from Disney you would get the 2017 points and they let you bank them. You also don't have to pay dues on them and the 2018 dues are pro-rated. I had to wait about a month for my OKW direct purchase. (I bought OKW after giving up waiting for over 2 months for BLT).
What is the minimum amount of points that you can purchase? Just curious.

We just bought direct at SSR for 75pts. Our guide told us all the resorts we were considering (AKL, Poly, BLT, and SSR) we could buy at 75 pts minimum for our first purchase and that would get us the perks (I know perks aren't guaranteed but they were important for us now). I believe the add on minimum once you own is 25pt not financing and 50 pts if finanacing.

Congratulations!!! AKL is a wonderful resort. We enjoy staying here for a couple of nights during our trips, but I don't like having to take the buses everywhere ALL the time, so we usually do a split stay and move to BWV for the rest of the trip. I love walking around the resort and visiting with the CM's and watching the animals. I just feel so relaxed when I'm at this resort.

Welcome home!!

As a first contract buyer you will be able to log on to the DVC member site once DVC has loaded your membership acct./contract onto the site. You can wait a couple of weeks for mail from DVC and then call to get your activation code and set up your log in. Or you can call and try member administration on the phone tree to see it they’ll give you access earlier - generally about 10 days after you close, but that varies - check the “closing time” thread for current wait times/success w/ calling.

You link your tickets via MDE, just like before you owned. You put your DVC reservation number into MDE too, if the MDE site doesn’t automatically populate the info.. My DVC and MDE email address and passwords are the same.

The advantage of having the same use year is that you can easily combine points to make one reservation and it’s easier to keep track of banking deadlines, plus you’ll only have one membership number. Two use years = two membership numbers and to combine points you’ll need to transfer from one membership to the other which I think you can only do once a year.

Welcome home, AKV was my first contract too, lovely resort, IMHO.
This is correct.

We still may purchase direct this year. Our use year is September - any advantage to having the same use year?

I am pretty certain if you buy direct from Disney they will sell you more points with a September use year unless you request not to have a September use year. Disney prefers you have all of your points with the same use year to make things easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!