Puerto Vallarta- Excursion to Hyatt Ziva Resort

DISGRL13

Mouseketeer
Puerta Vallarta
I was wondering if any of you can give me a a review of the excursion called Paradise Beach at the Hyatt Ziva Resort. Was it worth the money? How crowded was it? And any other info or recommendations of do's and don'ts with regard to this excursion. Thanks in advance. :) :)

Following, we have this books for the WBPC but on the fence about it, bummed they aren’t offering Las Caletas.

Did you end up going on this excursion? How was it?

We just got back yesterday, amazing trip!! We ended up not doing this excursion. We ended up booking a sailboat excursion for the next day in Cabo so we wanted to do something different. We ended up doing a tour of a Mexican market and a cooking class independently from Disney, through company called Cookin' Vallarta. It was a TON of fun. I plan on writing a trip report and will give more details there.

We just got back from the WBPC and did this excursion and loved it. Well worth the price. We arrived and headed straight for loungers on the beach. They had servers coming around frequently taking drink orders. It is all inclusive, so we just tipped the server. The food was really good. They had two buffet restaurants you could go to. But they also had someone making fresh tortillas, they were frying whole red snapper (not my thing, but everyone who tried the fish loved it) and they had a ceviche bar. We ended up bringing all the food out to our loungers on the beach. There were also multiple swimming pools, they had kayaks available, beach volleyball. There were some vendors on the beach, but they were not pushy. We ended up spending 4 hours there and everyone we went with enjoyed the day. Oh, and they had free wi-fi. Families with kids seemed to enjoy it as well. I believe it was about 25 minutes each way by bus. I would recommend it.

Another vote for the Hyatt Ziva! We just got back from the WBPC and LOVED this excursion! Beautiful resort, great good and yummy cocktails. The pools were nice as well. We didn't go into the ocean though. We will go back in a heartbeat!

I was just looking today for Puerta Vallarta excursions for our WBPC next Feb.
Glad to hear about this one!

We were also on the WBPC and took this excursion. We really loved it. So much so that we are considering going back to this resort for a land only vacation. We felt the price was well worth it. The bus ride over was interesting as our "guide" gave us some history. He is an aspiring singer so he also gave us one of his songs.

Keep in mind that the Pacific Ocean is a bit cooler than what you may be used to in the Caribbean. I happen to love it and was out in the surf immediately. Wife and gave up the loungers and headed to the infinity pool with the swim-up bar. Great views and the water wasn't quite as cool. I had the red snapper and went back for a second one. Super good. Whole fried red snapper. YUM.

The Hyatt Ziva is an all inclusive resort and you are enjoying the beach along with resort guests. Since the resort itself is all inclusive, there is no awkwardness of having some paying for drinks and others not. Everyone was having a great time and was very friendly. There were a couple of different wedding parties we met as this resort seems to be popular for destination weddings.

One thing that made this particularly good is that the beach was, for all practical purposes, private. There were rocky outcroppings on either end of the beach, preventing beach access from anywhere but the resort or by water.

Feel free to ask questions and I'll try and answer. I took some pictures but haven't downloaded them yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter