*PTR*... PBH CL June-July 2018 Yay!!!!!

bobbie68

DIS Veteran
:wave: ... I have been reading so many great trip reports and PTR that I had to start mine. We will be going back to Universal the end of June till the beginning of July. This is my first time going back under one year. Before we left last August we upgraded to a Power Pass to fit in one more trip. The money for the upgrade saved us so much in having to purchase new tickets. We had to move the trip to June from July/August due to the blackout dates for VB. We love it there and really wanted to go back. I haven't been to Florida in June in about 6 years we like July/August but heyI am just happy we can get a trip in:banana:

I did my first real big trip report when we got back this summer and really enjoyed doing it. There is lots of inspiration on these boards too. This trip will be the same crew DH, DD, DD's BF and myself. We are doing things a little different this time. We are :car: for the first time and it is about 19 hours. The longest I have driven was out to Ohio which is about 10 hours. I am excited and a little nervous about the time in the car. DD gets motion sickness with every mode of transportation so we are going to take our time. After her awful flight with ear pain in August she really wanted a break from flying.

We decided to take two days to get to Orlando. We are going to stop in Virginia for a day and take our time. Once we get to Orlando we are going to look at colleges one dayo_O and then some neighborhoods in some of the outskirts. We decided to stay off-site in Staybridge Suites for two nights before heading to PBH for 4 nights and 5 days. It will be easier with all the stuff we are doing. After Universal we are going to visit family on the west coast for a week then heading home.

I have had to make minor changes to this trip multiple times already but I swear I am done :D. We had so much snow here in the northeast and snow days that the schools are in for another week in June. I thought I cushioned enough time but alas I didn't. Once we changed the dates and was able to do it with RPR I was excited. That sense of relaxation would not last :sad2:. DD's BF started snoring unbelievably loud the last month or two . They are testing him for sleep apnea but not sure when. I am a very light sleeper and I am one of those who needs a good night to feel good. I was really nervous about sharing a room now. I decided to change all the hotel rooms to either suites or two rooms. This was a big undertaking. It is a good thing DH can sleep through anything and will stay with DD's BF in another room if necessary. I was able to keep all my hotels except RPR :worried:. There was no SMSM or AP rate for what we needed. PBH had AP rates for both rooms so we took it. We got one Queen CL and one Queen Bay view. If DD's BF stops snoring then I will cancel the regular room. I was a little disappointed at first. I had everything planned at RPR. I was really looking forward to staying there. However, now I am very excited to stay CL at PBH. I know we will have a great time.

We have a few restaurants we like to do when we go : Toothsome, Bubba Gump, and Leaky Cauldron. This year we are going to try a new one at City Walk just trying to decide. I have been reading trip reports for reviews. Other than that we just go with the flow and relax.

Now I wait and read lots of threads to keep me happy and busy till we leave.:goodvibes

Thanks for following along, it is so nice to share with other posters who feel the same way.

Following along. Sounds like you have planned a great trip. I'm with you ... I enjoy reading trip reports and always pick up a few tricks. Wishing you and your family an excellent trip!!

Following along. Sounds like you have planned a great trip. I'm with you ... I enjoy reading trip reports and always pick up a few tricks. Wishing you and your family an excellent trip!!

Thank you! I am glad to have you following.

Can't wait to read more! We live in Buffalo, NY and always fly to Orlando. DS is in the Disney college program this semester so we had to drive him and his car down in January. I was so nervous about the long drive- but it wasn't bad!

Can't wait to read more! We live in Buffalo, NY and always fly to Orlando. DS is in the Disney college program this semester so we had to drive him and his car down in January. I was so nervous about the long drive- but it wasn't bad!

Hi thanks for following along. I can't wait to go. I am glad to hear you didn't think the drive was that bad. I am hoping the split will be a little easier. I wish we could drive at night and have the teens sleep in the car. Night time driving is hard for us. I will make the best of it. Just can't wait to get back there.

Hi thanks for following along. I can't wait to go. I am glad to hear you didn't think the drive was that bad. I am hoping the split will be a little easier. I wish we could drive at night and have the teens sleep in the car. Night time driving is hard for us. I will make the best of it. Just can't wait to get back there.

Yep- I hate night driving! We had a few hours of it due to it getting dark so early in January and we didn't leave bright and early in the morning! We stopped in N Carolina and did the trip in two days. We have to do the return trip this August. Looking forward that the days are longer so less night driving!

I think it's easier on the way down as you're excited for the destination! The way home always seems longer as it's sad to leave and you're tired!

Yep- I hate night driving! We had a few hours of it due to it getting dark so early in January and we didn't leave bright and early in the morning! We stopped in N Carolina and did the trip in two days. We have to do the return trip this August. Looking forward that the days are longer so less night driving!

I think it's easier on the way down as you're excited for the destination! The way home always seems longer as it's sad to leave and you're tired!

I agree with you on leaving and heading home I get sad going to the airport. I can only imagine driving o_O I have posted on the transportation board looking for suggestions on routes and times to go based on our itinerary. I am still hoping someone travels the same way for tips.

Even with the changes you have gone through in planning for the trip, sounds like you improve the set up each time.

I live with a snorer.
I know it is difficult to sleep when the walls are rattling.....

Hope you do get suggestions for the driving tips from the other board.

I'm no help for you as I take I 75 down to florida

Even with the changes you have gone through in planning for the trip, sounds like you improve the set up each time.

I live with a snorer.
I know it is difficult to sleep when the walls are rattling.....

Hope you do get suggestions for the driving tips from the other board.

I'm no help for you as I take I 75 down to florida

Thanks macraven:)...It's nice to hear someone understands about snoring. Everything will work out great:thumbsup2 When I started telling the family the changes I had to make again they all told me to right them personal notes because they can't keep up with me verbally telling them. I get it I can barely keep up with it o_O. My email folder for this trip is unbelievable with reservations and cancellations.

I am hoping I can get some advice for driving times. I noticed the transportation board for driving doesn't get as much visitors. However, I recently found another forum for Universal and Orlando stuff and will try and post there. If there is one thing I hate is getting stuck in traffic. Otherwise I am getting so excited for this trip. I love being on these boards everyday and having input to help people and read their posts. It keeps the excitement going:D.

In two years I won't have to worry about any of this transportation stuff. We are working on our plans to move to the area.:jumping1:

YAY! A new trip report! I read the previous one and I loved it!

Im in CT and I like the idea of driving but not sure I can make it that long in the car.

And the snoring! My BFF travel partners snores (and always falls asleep first!)- I'd love to have an unlimited travel budget so we could afford separate hotel rooms!

Cant wait to hear more about your trip!

YAY! A new trip report! I read the previous one and I loved it!

Im in CT and I like the idea of driving but not sure I can make it that long in the car.

And the snoring! My BFF travel partners snores (and always falls asleep first!)- I'd love to have an unlimited travel budget so we could afford separate hotel rooms!

Cant wait to hear more about your trip!

Thanks so much :goodvibes I am in CT also so I will let you know how the trip goes. I am so looking forward to it. Believe me I understand an unlimited travel budget for that. I would have prepared ahead of time but it just started. However, I am finding a way to pay for it no matter what:-) ... Glad to have you along:thumbsup2

So in about one month, your travels will begin .....

19 hours is a long haul in a car....
I drove from north of Chicago to Orlando before and it drove me nuts.......

With you making a stop along the way, it wil be an easier travel
You'll be able to sleep and be ready for the next day of driving.

So in about one month, your travels will begin .....

19 hours is a long haul in a car....
I drove from north of Chicago to Orlando before and it drove me nuts.......

With you making a stop along the way, it wil be an easier travel
You'll be able to sleep and be ready for the next day of driving.

Hi! I was a little nervous about the ride but as long as we are breaking it up it should be better. Our long stretch will be Virginia to Orlando at about 11 hours. We usually drive to Ohio twice a year and it is about 10 hours. I couldn't do the drive by myself. I give people so much credit who can. I think the worse will be with my DD asking a hundred times how much further o_O. My DH will do a lot of the driving, I will do some then our DD got her license this year so she is going to drive some highway. I figure it is good practice for her.

I am so ready for this new adventure. Thanks for following along! I enjoy hearing any feedback I can get!

There were three of us driving this past January and we made sure to leave after a good night's sleep and we stopped one night along the way. Same thing- we made sure to get enough sleep. And we stopped often to stretch our legs. It wasn't that bad!!

You will have a great trip! You mentioned Toothsome on your dining list. We just went there last week and really enjoyed it! The interaction with Professor Doctor Penelope and Robot Jacques was so fun and the food was good!

There were three of us driving this past January and we made sure to leave after a good night's sleep and we stopped one night along the way. Same thing- we made sure to get enough sleep. And we stopped often to stretch our legs. It wasn't that bad!!

You will have a great trip! You mentioned Toothsome on your dining list. We just went there last week and really enjoyed it! The interaction with Professor Doctor Penelope and Robot Jacques was so fun and the food was good!

Hi thank you and for the driving support :D .... I think our plan will work well. It will make things easier overall since we are doing so many different things this time. Also if my DD feels sick I can pull over. It's an awful feeling on a plane when there is nothing you can do.

I can't wait for Toothsome again and I am looking forward to the interactions!

Hi everyone I am at 26 days and counting till we start :car: :D.

I have made yet another small change to our itinerary:rolleyes:. We were planning to go to VB on the Wednesday and Thursday morning before we checked into PBH. I was going to stay off-site and just park at city walk. I felt it would be less hotels to check in and out of. I started thinking about last summer. We loved staying at CBBR especially for VB. I thought how bad is it to change hotels two more timeso_O, but I decided to. The new itinerary is to stay one night by UCF then after the tour drive to CBBR and check in for one night. We could spend Wednesday night and early entry Thursday for VB.:woohoo:

The one glitch was going to be I wouldn't have a 1 bedroom suite to keep DD's Snorlax BF separate from me. The best I could do was the family suite so I will have him sleep on the sofa bed for the night and I have a couple of white noise machines to help drown him out. I will as a last resort have ear plugs.

I am super excited to go back to CBBR even for one night. :cool1:

Thanks for following along:thumbsup2

I am married to a snorer so I totally understand the situation.

Maybe if the BF sleeps on his side on the sofa, it will ease the snoring?

Take ear plugs and a box fan.
That could help drown out the snoring noise for you.

Sounds great! We haven't stayed at CBBR yet- I'd like to try it. Please report back about how you like the resort!

Hi thanks we love CBBR. We stayed there for 3 nights in 2015 and had a blast. My family all agreed it was the funnest resort we have stayed at. When we went back last summer because everyone wanted to stay there again. I had to figure a way to utilize some EP for a couple of days. CBBR is a family resort without a doubt. It is very loud and busy but so much fun. I can spend hours in their lazy river. The bowling alley which I used in 2015 was really fun. I am going to send a link to my trip report from this summer. There is a little about CBBR in it. I would recommend it to people who don't want a more quiet type of resort but lots of fun. I stay in the tower section when we go. I like that side of the resort it is where the lazy river is and I like the indoor hallways. The outdoor section on the other side is very nice it is just a bit different feel.

I will do a deeper report on CBBR this time around with more pics.

If you have anything specific you want to ask please do.:D ...https://www.disboards.com/threads/summer-trip-report-finally-yay.3642765/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter