PTR: A Thanksgiving Trip to Vienna and Budapest

MPwifey

Mouseketeer
The title says it all, we had our hotels booked, plans made on what sites to see, and what food to eat. Late Tuesday I had a meeting for work and got horrible news, as of Christmas Day this year, I would be losing my job. After thinking about it we decided to cancel our trip, and begin to save money.

So why the PTR? Well, apparently it is the right time to go to Disney.

Who: I am Megan, a momma to one little princess, a preschool teacher and a Disney nut, that loves to be silly. :teacher:

Jeff- the hubby that at times appears grumpy, but is the one cheering for Disney all the time. pirate:

Carlee- the princess who is 6, loves to sing, and tries to convince us that every vacation should be a Disney trip. princess:

When: November 26th-28th- A Disney Thanksgiving

Next up: How Vienna turned into Disney, onsite or offsite?

After my meeting where I learned I would be losing my job, the next day I also learned that I have more support than I ever would have thought. I am a preschool teacher for ages 2-4 and do a small group. After the families found out they rallied behind me and told me they would still continue even without their fees being subsidized. It felt wonderful to know that they think so highly of me.

My husband and I decided we would take a smaller trip, somewhere a little closer to home and chose Prague. We had cancelled our other hotels and were looking for good deals, then, it happened.

The wonderful magical Disney email letting me know of good deals to be had. I decided to check it out for fun, and realized, it *might* be doable. After looking around for a bit, I decided against it thinking it was too much.

For the next part, you have to know we live on a military base in Germany, and do not get to watch actual commercials, or really any commercials at all.

That night we were discussing our plans, and a DISNEY commercial came on TV, the only one we had ever seen on AFN ever. After some more looking I discovered some decent ticket prices. 23 websites and dummy bookings later, including offsite, I found the Dutch offer.

We are staying in Cheyenne from November 26th-28th, and then going to Strasbourg for their Christmas Market.

Our family must do's for this trip

Mine-
Meet Jack 'Sandy Claws'!!!!
Christmas Dreams
Peter Pan
Pirates

DH-
Hot Chocolate
Buzz Lightyear
Pins and Pin trading

DD-
Seeing a parade
re do of TOT ( How do I put in a picture?
Showing off her Rapunzel dress to as many characters as possible

Now to get to packing as we are off tomorrow.

I'm reading along :)
Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes
I soooooo want to go to disney at Christmas maybe 2015 :thumbsup2
Xx

Sorry to hear about your job......but glad that there is a little sweetener in the form of a Disney trip.....nothing like DLRP to lift the spirits. Looking forward to reading more about your trip X

Hope you have a great trip, looking forward to hearing all about it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter