projectors

keylime359

Mouseketeer
:3dglasses Does anyone know where to find an inexpensive projector? I would like to buy one of those blow up screens to show movies outside. It's not for work so I don't want a top of the line deal.

Best Buy has them, but I've never seen a cheap one. Did you try eBay?

You could try Walmart they carry some off brands sometimes if you find sony,phillips or a name brand you wll pay more i have seen some of the off brand like colby,dynex,etc. they sometimes have less features but that is why they are cheaper also good luck i'll watch also for you

Tiger Direct carries a lot of closeouts and off-brands for less than you'd usually find elsewhere. I agree with Brad, though... I've never seen one for what I'd call "cheap". Course, my cheap is a lot cheaper than some other folks' cheap.

Thanks guys. Tiger direct had one for under $380. Still more than I wanted to spend but it is not a toy either. I would like to see if an office supply reseller has any because I would not care if was old or used. I got the idea because my neighbor picked up a projector at a tag sale for $50 I thought for that it would be so worth it. The torpedo is an option as well, has anyone seen this one in person? How is the pic quality?

I got a zoombox from ebay, $100 but its not the greatest picture quality, good enough for the kiddies, but has to be DARK.

Also try craigslist. We picked one up for at a good price there! :thumbsup2

I got a slightly dented projector for $100 off craigslist (works perfectly) and the blowup screen off walmart.com for $198. You might want to also try overstock.com too for the projector.

I got a slightly dented projector for $100 off craigslist (works perfectly) and the blowup screen off walmart.com for $198. You might want to also try overstock.com too for the projector.[/QUOTE
I want a blow up. I saw that one online at walmart. Do you like it? If you had it to do over would you get it again or get a regular screen? This is for outside BTY. Thanks!

We love it. We used it just the other weekend to watch football outside. The only drawback is that you have to wait until it gets dark to watch it, but it is worth every penny. Order it online and have it delivered to the store and pick it up. It comes to the store in a couple of days and you save the shipping. IBM2010 has one too and we both use ours at the grand gatherings for guitar hero, nascar and football games.

I have been looking into an HD projector. I have a new Canon HF100 camcorder ($679 at Samsclub.com) . On our Dec trip, I will get lots of great Disney World footage. My Idea is to be able to show my Disney home movies on the back of my house while we are having pool parties. To get a great picture blown up to a large size, it must be HD. My main thing is I want be relaxing in my pool on a floating lounge with my kungalosh, my tiki tourches burning around the pool, outdoor surround sound speakers around the pool, Disney theamed decorations here and there, and my favorite show, Illuminations Reflections of Earth in all its glory projected on a 200 inch widescreen! Now thats what I call a party! Of coarse, Wishes, and Fantasmic will also be fantastic viewed in this manner. I will build an inexpensive screen out of plywood painted white. Samsclub.com has a Sanyo HD projector for like $675. I really want to be able to feel some Disney magic at home since i can't go down there near as often as I would like. Useing an HD projector for giant outdoor movies is the cornerstone of my plans. We installed a pool this summer and I am building a large deck around it. I will stain it dark brown. I do love the dark wood of Fort Wlderness. Also, our camper is parked next to the pool about forty feet away. Some landscaping here, a Mickey topiery there, and we will have a Fort Wilderness theamed back yard! Wow, I am sorry about this rambling on and on about my backyard plans. I am really excited about this idea of using a projector to enjoy Illuminations and Wishes in our backyard. The ideas just keep coming; make a mold for homemade Mickey bars!

IBM2010 has one too and we both use ours at the grand gatherings for guitar hero, nascar and football games.

And we love it. I am thinking of upgrading to HD just not sure we use it enough. We have enjoyed the projector we have now, but like campers, it might be time to upgrade to a better model.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter