Problem with time share tour sale- LONG!

Hot4disney

The Pink Bouncy Ball is Kaity!!
I thought this was just too timely not to post. I have been following some threads saying to do the time share thing if you want to go on a budget. Well..I have done a few of them in the past and always had a pretty good experience with them. I even ended up buying a time share down in Mexico with RCI..which I have used all over the world so I am not new to this. Well..we were planning a trip in Jan 2002 and though this time let's do something different, instead of going to WDW for 11 days why not try other things? So we decided to go to Universal for more than one day and Sea World and maybe WaterMania Park... then I got a solicitation from a place in Orlando because I filled something in online. It is a really beautiful hotel...the Delta Orlando International Suites..right across from Maingate Universal..it also comes with a bunch of freebie things like admission for 2 to Church Street and about $500 worth of coupons and some other stuff as well....so I bought it 5 nights for $259. I thought reasonable- heck yes! and all we have to do is a 90 minutes sales pitch which I tell them right off from the beginning..you can either waste your time on me..because I am not interested or try and get someone else who might be. And I am out in 90 minutes. STill with me?..OK...so this past week I find out that there are AMAZING Disney cruise rates available....we just got back from the Wonder 4 night cruise a month ago..and we loved it and since we will already be in Fla in January..I thought..the heck with this! we'd rather cruise again and then spend some time in the Park. When I went to cancel the time share thing they told me they were not allowed to cancel the entire trip, just the dates- and they could be extended for $25!!!!!!! I read back her pamphlet to me and she was adament! No cancellations...I read.."IT SAYS...ANY revisions, changes or CANCELLATIONS..." she said OF THE DATES..of course I am yelling..she is yelling and after being transferred to a supervisor and then a reservation agent who HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!..I called back and told them how unprofessional they were. So now I am stuck with this trip..which is transferrable or I can sell it..but I don't WANT TO GO THERE....I have another trip planned now and I think if I am giving ample notice there is no reason why they CAN'T just CANCEL my ressie! One of the operators actually said.."We provided a service for you"..HOW DID THEY DO THAT!??? I haven't GONE YET!!!!! UGH!!!!!! Can you tell I am frustrated? My hubby keeps telling me to post it on ebay or something...but I don't think anyone would buy that..I wouldn't. Any suggestions??...BTW..in the midst of all the arguing I told each and every one of those LOVELY ladies that I would be writing a letter to BBB informing them of this practice of theirs...handing out brochures which are apparently misleading. Thanks for the rant! ...LOL ...

minnie23a.gif

Delta Orlando ... I'd never make a reservation there again. I did once and they bumped me to an awful place down the street because they had overbooked their hotel.

Just stay away from those Timeshare deals. The majority are tourist traps. Nothing is free or deeply discounted without "paying" for it somehow. :mad:

Did you pay with your credit card? If so, you can take it up with your credit card company. If there are "no cancelations" they must tell you that up-front. Otherwise, they owe you a refund.

BTW, don't stop with the BBB. Try the Florida's Attorney General too. Of course, you might try to call the slime-balls one more time and give them the opportunity to do the right thing.

hI ALL,

I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING REFUND TOO. I have been trying to reach this person since Fri who is incharge of refunds and cancelation at Westgate resort. and everytime i call they tell me that she would give me a call back..........i am really getting nercous. i paid with a credit card.

Hot4disney , Which toll free or other num did u call for resevation and cancellation with timeshare.

ritu-card I don't have the number with me, but I will try to get it to you. But I am not at Westgate, but Delta Orlando INternational Hotel at Maingate. I think I will be calling the credit card company as well. Who knows what will happen!

minnie23a.gif

Hopefully you used a credit (not debit) card. Submit a dispute with your credit card company. Provide a copy of their cancellation policy. You'll get your money back.

I work at a hotel and this comes up often so I am VERY familiar with this. It is up to the hotel 9or whoever is providing the accomodations0 to be able to prove to the crdit card company that they informed you IN WRITING of their cancellation policies. And until the whole thing is worked out to the credit card companies satisfaction the charge will remain "in limbo" without youhaving to pay it or get charged interest on it. It is up to the hotel to prove that the charge is valid and that you had fair warning of their charges. 90% of the time the hotels lose these disputes. (Good for you, not so much for me.....;) )

Jennifer

Hot4disney thanks for taking the time to share your experiences w/the board. I'm sorry this has happened to you. I agree w/ the others on this, if you paid w/a credit card let them fight it out with these "people". It's like Jennifer stated so well, that if they can't absolutely prove their claim then they're out of that money.

I am interested in more information on the cruise. Was this also at a discount or a sales offer? Maybe I might take a cruise too!

don't worry if it is a debit card-as long as your card displays a MC or Visa logo, you have a right to dispute the transaction. Many states also require that the bank recredit your account during the disputed time period (such as Wisconsin). You do however, have to take the steps to attempt to correct it yourself. Ex: If they tell you they will refund (get names, dates, etc), you have to give them sufficient time to do it which I believe is ?30 or 21 days?). Document all things attempted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter