• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Problem with Dreams Unlimited

shamrock30

DIS Veteran
My husband and I reserved a room at the Grosvenor for Nov 26-27. We made the reservation at around midnight on Friday Nov 23, and left for Florida next day to spend our first few nights in Clearwater.

When we got to Florida, we called the Grosvenor with our confirmation number just to make sure everything was okay with our reservation. They had no record of us, and told us to call back later. We called again late Sunday afternoon, and they still had no record of us. Dreams Unlimited had not faxed anything to them.

The Grosvenor told us to contact Dreams Unlimited. We had no internet access on vacation, and Dreams Unlimited did not provide a phone number with the email confirmation. The very nice reservationist agreed to contact them on our behalf. We had our cell phone with us, so she was able to call us back after she talked to Dreams. They finally faxed her the necessary information, and luckily, there was still a tower room available.

If we had relied on our email confirmation, we would probably have arrived in Orlando to no room. I expected at least an email apology from Dreams Unlimited for messing up, but received nothing but a "final confirmation" dated on Monday.

If Dreams Unlimited is not able to handle last minute bookings, they should not be accepting them. And they certainly should provide a phone number for when problems crop up.

Hi Shamrock30

I am so sorry that you had problems with your hotel reservation. I also apologize that no one has repsonded to your post sooner.

I really don't have an explanation as to what could have happened to your reservation. We do have people who process reservations 7 days a week, but sometimes the hotels do not have staff available on weekends to process our reservations (Dreams Unlimited has worked out arrangements at each hotel it deals with that certain teams of people will handle our reservations - sometimes these teams are off or short staffed on the weekends).

We also arrange with the hotels that the inventory available to Dreams Unlimited Travel is guaranteed and held for us. That's why there was a room available even though your reservation was not in their system. This helps us provide rooms to folks traveling/booking close to their travel dates. Eevn if you're not in their system yet the rooms assigned to Dreams Unlimited Travel are held for our clients.

I realize that none of this is really an excuse, and does not rectify what happened, but hopefully it serves as an explanation. I would like to invite you to write to Nathan at nathan@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com if you would like to discuss this further as he is in charge of our DreamsRES system and the relationships we have with the hotels.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and I hope you enjoyed your WDW vacation regardless of the situation you faced with your room reservation.

John

Thank you for your polite response. I am pretty sure the problem was with Dreams Unlimited and not the Grosvenor, as we talked to the same reservationist at the hotel each time. She was looking out for our confirmation to arrive after our first call, and she knew exactly who we were when we called back.

We did contact Dreams Unlimited eight days ago at the email address that was provided in the confirmation, but no one ever responded. I have had great experiences on this board, but I am pretty disappointed with the customer service at Dreams Unlimited. We did enjoy our stay at The Grosvenor, just not the worries that preceded it.

Yup. Been there, done that. Know exactly how you feel.

Had a major problem with a reservation not being made. Only found out when I tried to add another day. Long story short: Thr problem was resolved, although the reservation for the extra day we requested was never made. I ended up just taking care of it myself--cost a little more, but was worth not having to deal with DU. We did receive an apology from DU and a goodie basket with a Valentine's day theme (this was in October).

Even so, we won't be using them again. I like my travel agent to be on top of things, and didn't appreciate having to ask numerous times for this problem to be corrected.

GoldenPrincess, I had to laugh at your post. An apology in the form of a Valentine's gift basket in October? That is too funny! Over a month has gone by since I e-mailed Dreams Unlimited, and they never did get back to me. I still think they should have emailed me an unsolicited apology since they darn well knew they had messed up. To not respond when I politely wrote to them is rude. They can keep the Valentine's Day basket, though.

I invite anyone who has a problem with Dreams Unlimited's service - past or present - to please write to me direclty at john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

I will be happy to investigate the issues further and work on a solution to the problem to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter