Private Tours

superme80

DIS Veteran
I know this is a long way off, but I was curious about private tours. If you book a private tour, does that get you front of the lime access to brand new areas? I am debating booking one whenever Star Wars Land opens.

Someone mentioned just recently that you have to call in advance to schedule if you want to do Peter Pan with a private tour. That shocked the heck out of me. I mean, you're spending thousands of dollars and there are still limits. I can't even imagine how they'll handle this with SWL. popcorn::

Someone mentioned just recently that you have to call in advance to schedule if you want to do Peter Pan with a private tour...
While I have not experienced Peter Pan with the new VIP Tour procedure, it is likely similar to Character meet and greets — during the tour, VIP Guide calls ahead to book a time.

VIP Tours will use the fastpass entrance for SWGE attractions

Someone mentioned just recently that you have to call in advance to schedule if you want to do Peter Pan with a private tour. That shocked the heck out of me. I mean, you're spending thousands of dollars and there are still limits. I can't even imagine how they'll handle this with SWL. popcorn::
Yes, there are limits. For example, the guide will call ahead to get you into Anna and Elsa, into the Princesses ay Fantasy Faire, into the characters at the launchbay. I saw the new addition of Peter Pan as a major improvement, as it hasn't been on the tour before.

I've been doing tours since the late 90s. Back then, a "VIP" tour, you did not get expedited entry. Your tour guide was basically your fast pass runner, and could call to see wait times for rides. They could make arrangements for dining and for shows. It has greatly improved since then.

In 2012, these were the rides in addition to FP rides that were included in a VIP tour.

Disneyland attractions:

• It’s a Small World
  • Storybook Land Canal Boats
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Alice in Wonderland
Disney California Adventure attractions:

• Monsters Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue
  • Muppet *Vision 3D
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!
  • Jumpin’ Jellyfish
  • Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
It has expanded a lot since then.

I know this is a long way off, but I was curious about private tours. If you book a private tour, does that get you front of the lime access to brand new areas? I am debating booking one whenever Star Wars Land opens.
Generally, yes. When Cars Land first opened, we had access to Racers, and Maters, but not Luigi's.

Thank you everyone. I am debating this when we go in a couple years. Also next year is my parents 50th wedding anniversary. If I can arrange it, I would love to send them to Disneyland and have front of the line access one day. Lots of saving and planning to do! :love:

Thank you everyone. I am debating this when we go in a couple years. Also next year is my parents 50th wedding anniversary. If I can arrange it, I would love to send them to Disneyland and have front of the line access one day. Lots of saving and planning to do! :love:
Just to be very clear, it is not "Front of the line access", it is considered "Expedited access". If there is a line at the FP, you will wait in the line.

Just to be very clear, it is not "Front of the line access", it is considered "Expedited access". If there is a line at the FP, you will wait in the line.
That is fine. Basically I am trying to save my parents from running around.

That is fine. Basically I am trying to save my parents from running around.

We did more on the VIP Tour that most people do in 2-3 days...then that allows you so spend the rest of the trip taking your time and doing all the fun little things that you might otherwise pass up trying to get to the next ride which added a ton of value to us as well. That became evident when my VIP tour trip was quickly followed up with a multi day trip with another group of friends and we just spent three days E-Ticket ride hopping.

I am considering the same thing.

I think it's because Peter Pan doesn't have a fastpass line. I think if it takes FP, then there isn't an issue.

Honestly, if you have Maxpass, you really don't need the VIP tours, unless you are completely unfamiliar with the parks, then you might want to do so. But if you are going to do a VIP tour, I would focus on the attractions that don't have Fastpass or have very difficult to get Fastpasses (Gaurdians, RSR, etc.)

How have you seen the VIP tour change over the years? has it become better or worse value?

Yes, there are limits. For example, the guide will call ahead to get you into Anna and Elsa, into the Princesses ay Fantasy Faire, into the characters at the launchbay. I saw the new addition of Peter Pan as a major improvement, as it hasn't been on the tour before.

Malcon10t, are you saying that Peter Pan is now included on VIP?

Malcon10t, are you saying that Peter Pan is now included on VIP?
When we were on tour in April, our guide explained they can now call ahead for Peter Pan, like they do for Anna and Else, the Launchbay characters, and the Royal Hall. She called, got a time of 530 (it was about 430), we rode 3 other rides (Pinocchio, Snow White, and Dumbo), then went to Peter at 530 and rode.

How have you seen the VIP tour change over the years? has it become better or worse value?
When we first started doing VIP tours (back in the 90s and 2000s) the VIP guide basically was your FP runner. They arranged viewings, meals, could call ahead to find times for rides, and kept you going in the right direction. Then they added FP rides without FPs, and have slowly added other rides. They can call ahead and reserve a table for you to sit at places like Red Rose Tavern, so when you arrive, you don't have to hunt for a table. There is a lot they can help with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter