Priceline Express Deals

I noticed the high taxes on Orbitz the last few days too! They even had a separate "hotel fee" in addition to the already high taxes and fees line item. For ASSp, there was an additional $150 PER NIGHT fee. :rotfl2: I also saw that on certain values Orbitz was automatically adding the dining plan, so that increased the taxes and fees too. I am getting so annoyed with these 3rd party sites lately. Can't I just get a room without too much hassle?

Sorry for the rant. Back to Hotwire/Priceline. I keep checking everyday for my dates too and it seemed like the choices are getting pretty weird. I saw one yesterday that was $330 for the "last person who booked got Pop Century" on HW. :confused3

I've been watching Coronado springs and POFQ on Hotwire for Aug 16-18 Today POFQ is gone, and for Coronado the room rate was $224 ($112 per night) and the fees were $233!!!!

Totally kicking myself for not booking 2 days ago when the fees were like $40.

I've been watching Coronado springs and POFQ on Hotwire for Aug 16-18 Today POFQ is gone, and for Coronado the room rate was $224 ($112 per night) and the fees were $233!!!!

Totally kicking myself for not booking 2 days ago when the fees were like $40.

Twinsies -- same dates. I have a discounted stay booked at Sheraton Vistana Villages, but was seriously considering selling that reservation on Cancelon and booking POFQ. But like you said, it's vanished!

My small hope is maybe this is some glitchy flaw introduced by the $30 off $400 Hot Rate Hotels promo -- slim chance, because when I'm checking same dates for other (def offsite) properties, the taxes+fees are normal... but if it is a glitch, we'd know tomorrow once the promo ends.

I guess opaque booking for Disney onsite was fun while it lasted :( still, this has been a great learning experience, esp. for international travel

I just checked Orbitz and CSR has a property fee of $91 per night. So whacky....

Alert, alert! Taxes and fees appear NORMAL again.

(HW: 8/16-18, POFQ, $95/nt, taxes+fees $43.45, total $233.45)

@PSULion pinging you in case you're still looking to book this date

Thanks! I actually booked it just before you posted, as soon as I saw it. I had been holding out bc I was hoping Coronado might drop, but when I saw POFQ back to normal fees, I wasn't taking any chances on the fees going up again!!

Pop dropped to $133 today...still seems kind of high for pop. Going to wait and see, we are 6 weeks out.

Question! I'm thinking of making a quick solo burn down to Disney in 2 weeks. I'd fly spirit (ew) and book through hotwire. My question is, will I still be able to use magical express if I book a Disney resort through HW? I won't have a car obv and the point of this trip would be quick & cheap!

Question! I'm thinking of making a quick solo burn down to Disney in 2 weeks. I'd fly spirit (ew) and book through hotwire. My question is, will I still be able to use magical express if I book a Disney resort through HW? I won't have a car obv and the point of this trip would be quick & cheap!

I believe all Disney onsite benefits apply to the booking, doesn't matter that it was booked through HW. But you might need to call Disney first and get them to link your reservation to MDE for you *if* the Hotwire hotel conf # won't work. Then you can get Magical Express added, ideally on the same phone call :P

(I've now booked Disney hotels 3 times via HW, and none of the hotel conf numbers have worked - had to call each time. Sounds like Priceline doesn't have that issue?)

I am able to do so through priceline, so I am assuming Hotwire works the same way. If you contact Disney wholesale dept (or get transferred there through the customer service number) they can give you your Disney reservation number. I do not have the number, I was transferred there when I called. They pull up your reservation using hotwire, but then they can add people to your room so they show up on MDE and will give you the actual Disney reservation number from their system so you can book ME. :)

I booked through Disney with my passholder discount. I booked a YC std view for $1094 for four nights beginning of September :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

$304 a night for a room with 3 beds. Last guest got Pop Century. So that's a mystery one. What the heck?!

Art suite imo.
I did some research the other day based on this thread and I think the Beach Club was also on there for an odd night. I haven't spotted CBR or AKL, though.

Art suite imo.
I did some research the other day based on this thread and I think the Beach Club was also on there for an odd night. I haven't spotted CBR or AKL, though.

Ok well I'll pass on that because that's not a deal at all

I appreciate this thread - very informative.
Unfortunately I am having a hard time deciphering Hotwire or Priceline for that matter. Can someone help me understand how you are finding the Disney properties? I saw a post mentioning to look for Bonnet Springs and then shuttle, free parking and no resort fee but I don't see anything on Hotwire that has those items - regardless of the day I choose. I even started putting in random mid-week short stays just so I could try to find one to be able to recognize it.

I appreciate your tips and pointers! FWIW my days are 9/20-9/24

I appreciate this thread - very informative.
Unfortunately I am having a hard time deciphering Hotwire or Priceline for that matter. Can someone help me understand how you are finding the Disney properties? I saw a post mentioning to look for Bonnet Springs and then shuttle, free parking and no resort fee but I don't see anything on Hotwire that has those items - regardless of the day I choose. I even started putting in random mid-week short stays just so I could try to find one to be able to recognize it.

I appreciate your tips and pointers! FWIW my days are 9/20-9/24

I haven't taken the time to decipher PL yet but you can try HW for tonight. I just tried a dummy booking for one night for 2 adults and got one result: a 3* with 3 beds, which I believe to be a suite at Art.

I'm getting the same result for your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter