Priceline Bids/results

We'll use this thread for research and information purposes.

Remember that bids accepted by Priceline are not able to be cancelled. Also, remember that priceline only guarantee's you 1 bed. Most people have had luck getting 2 beds in the WDW area.....BUT it's no guarantee.

Also, remember you can bid the same exact specs as 3 other people and not get the property they got. There are no guarantee's w/ Priceline.

The biggest thing is do your homework on what you might get. What would be a good price for what * level and zone you're bidding.

You can of course monitor what others are getting here on this thread and other boards. It's a good tool to research what you may get.

That being said~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When posting a winning or declined bid be sure to inculde as much detail as possible.

Remember to post what dates of travel you are looking to book. What level room you bid on and what zone. Also what price.

Reminder :goodvibes

Before you accept & pay do they tell you about resort fees or parking fees? That can change a budget fast & I don't want any surprises.

TIA

Before you accept & pay do they tell you about resort fees or parking fees? That can change a budget fast & I don't want any surprises.

TIA

priceline doesn't. I know that. You almost alway get a better deal than say hotels.com but you won't alway pay just your bid price.

just curious, if bidding on a flight only would it be best to wait until close to trip date as possible?
\

Jmho but I wouldn't bid on PL flights ever especially if traveling with children.
Well maybe if the savings were huge, like thousands of dollars and we had several extra days off work before and after our trip.
I haven't looked up flights on PL in years but it used to be they just had to get you to your destination. They had no obligation to get you on a non stop flight or get you there any particular time of day.
So one could end up departing at noon, have 3 connections, and arrive at midnight for a flight that otherwise could be booked as a non stop at 7 am, arriving at 9 am. All for $50 pp savings.
No thanks!

eek, I didn't realize that. rethinking....

So perhaps their policies have changed over the years; read all the fine print to be sure. I prefer to be a bit more in control of our flights. Also, anytime you book through third party websites, (ie: Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) they act as your travel agent. So if for some reason you need to make any changes, you can't contact the airline directly; you have to have your "TA" do it all. I guess that's a moot point with PL since you can't make changes once your bid is accepted.

I find the best flight savings is by careful use of the SWA visa card. (That is, if you have access to SWA.)jmho. We put EVERYTHING on it except our mortgage & truck payment and that earns us enough points for several free flights per year. I do make approx. 15 payments online in an average month so it never gets out of control.:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

We booked on priceline for the week after Christmas. We got the Gaylord Palms, for 95, which is what I was hoping for...but, it was not on pricelines list of available hotels for that time period. I did not think we would get it, so I was pleasantly surprised. check out www.biddingfortravel.com for answers to a ton of priceline questions. It was very helpful for us.
Thank you for the webiste, it provided me with lots of answers for my upcoming trip!

so I used Priceline for the first time and was lucky enough to get the Clarion Suites Maingate for $45 a night in Sept. I usually use military rate, but we're really going to be on a budget this time so thought I'd give it a chance. Maybe it was beginners luck??!! ;)

My cousin just got the Ramada Gateway which is 1 mile away from WDW for $31 a night on Priceline. It stated that the resort fee will be 4% of the room price. I think she got a great deal as this is a super budget trip for her. Also includes complimentary wine & beer weeknights from 5-6...not bad!

Just want to mention that it looks like the Delta Orlando (former Orlando Vista-pineapple hotel on 535) is part of Priceline now. If you see a 3 1/2* in the LBV Springs area and they claim the hotel fees are approx. $1.50 a night that's it. The only problem is that according to their website they charge $15 a night for parking which we will be fighting when we check in next week. This is a new line of hotels for Marriott. We were able to get it on Priceline Express for $54 a night which is a great deal

Just want to mention that it looks like the Delta Orlando (former Orlando Vista-pineapple hotel on 535) is part of Priceline now. If you see a 3 1/2* in the LBV Springs area and they claim the hotel fees are approx. $1.50 a night that's it. The only problem is that according to their website they charge $15 a night for parking which we will be fighting when we check in next week. This is a new line of hotels for Marriott. We were able to get it on Priceline Express for $54 a night which is a great deal
Just curious...what happened with the parking fees? Did the hotel charge you? Or was it included with the Priceline cost?

For those of you using Priceline, I can't recommend this website enough: http://expdealshotel.com/

It doesn't know the identity of every express deal, but it's always been correct for those it has shown a match for. An excellent tool.

Sorry I didn't see this. We were able to get it taken off after much discussion with the manager. Sounds like it has been corrected on Priceline now and people should expect to pay the $15 which I think is ridiculous. It was a nice hotel, still has some issues to fix but overall definitely worth the price. I also don't think its showing the 1.50 per night fee anymore either which was incorrect. Basically it wont show any fee because Priceline only lists resort fees, not parking fees. So if someone was to bid and win this hotel you would expect to pay the $15 extra

Just curious...what happened with the parking fees? Did the hotel charge you? Or was it included with the Priceline cost?

Not Priceline but Disney resorts do show up on Hotwire Hot Rates. Disney Bonnet Creek area with airport shuttle, that'll be a Disney resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!