price dropped after booking

Gretav

Earning My Ears
Hi all. I am very confused, hoping you can help me. I booked an interior guarantee room. Since booking the price has dropped. I keep reading that they should/would give me the difference of the price change, either on the form of on board credit or just change my reservation price.

I called (3 times actually) and thwy are saying they don't do this, never have. I'm getting pretty frustrated. I'm still outside the final booking date.

Does anyone have any experiences or advice with this?

I have called and had them rebook me at a lower rate. Are you calling from the US? I know the UK doesn't do price drops

Every RCI cruise we have had our rate dropped when they dropped them UP UNTIL a certain point, I think it was before we paid but close to it. We have our TA handle it.

if you are past final payment date, they will NOT make any adjustments.

if you are BEFORE final payment date, you can only get the price reduction if the current lower price is NOT listed for new bookings only. also, make sure that you would not lose any perks you already have, such as obc or amenities.

that being said: guarantee rates pretty much never qualify for any price adjustments unless you are UPGRADING.. so unless you want to upgrade to an OV guarantee and that cost is now lower than what you paid for an interior, you are probably not eligible. ( you would not get any money refunded either)

If you are indeed before final payment, and not in danger of losing any important amenities, just book the new room and cancel your existing reservation if it is that significant of a savings.

I would call back and ask what can be done since the price has dropped. If you are asking specifically for a refund that could be the problem. Depending on where you are in the payment schedule, specific ship or package deal you got in the beginning you may not qualify for a refund, but they may offer ship board credit or an upgrade. Sometimes, it's just the wording that causes the hold up.

Sorry to post and run. Here is the update:

I booked on a Friday (at 76 days out, just required at $1000 deposit) price dropped over the weekend/ Monday. I, for some reason, thought I had to pay off the trip by 60 days out, Not 75. When I called no one told me I was over due to pay off the trip or if that was why they couldn't refund me for the price difference. They were actually unbelievably unhelpful. Thank goodness I caught it by myself and paid off the trip without penalty (but after 75 days out).

So long story short, I don't know if it was because I was unknowingly past the final payment date or because it was a guaranteed room. I was just told "they don't do that" by 3 different people.

I called after a price drop and they adjusted the price and added a room credit. Then I called my BIL to do the same. Then they had a 20% off excursions sale which were already booked. I called and they refunded the money and re-booked right away with the price reduction.

Once you pass final payment, you can't reprice the cruise without incurring the cancellation penalties. Sorry this happen to you, I know how frustrating that is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter