Pregnant Prime Minister

So, OP, your issue is that she didn't immediately announce, "Hey everyone, I'm 17 days pregnant! No, I've not had my doctor's appointment yet. No, I've not confirmed this is a viable pregnancy but it is important for everyone to know, RIGHT THIS INSTANT, that I am with child."

Come on. It isn't about honesty. It isn't about integrity. It isn't about her "taking" the job she actively campaigned for likely a year or longer and won the vote for.

It is about YOU thinking she is incapable because she is a child bearing aged woman. I'd say that is a stone-age thought, but even ancient societies had women leaders, so, I don't know how far back you'd have to go.

Well get real. It is biologically different for a women to be having a baby than a man. Given a man can’t actually carry the child and has no risks.

Lastly, I don’t think anyone would be happy with a new employee that was already pregnant when they started heir job and kept that to themselves.
It’s about integrity which she has shown she doesn’t have.

:rotfl2:

I see no problem with the Prime Minister being pregnant, don't see it interfering with her duties. She could have been a better role model to young girls of her country but being un-wed takes away from that. If indeed she is.

Started off so well, and then...sigh
Gets back to the intolerant thing some were talking about. I would rather my daughter look up to a young married pregnant PM than an unwed pregnant mother. If you think other wise. Or choose to raise your daughter that becoming pregnant while un married is desirable then you can.

Gets back to the intolerant thing some were talking about. I would rather my daughter look up to a young married pregnant PM than an unwed pregnant mother. If you think other wise. Or choose to raise your daughter that becoming pregnant while un married is desirable then you can.

Not really---I am not intolerant of you being married before having children. If that is how you and your spouse choose to do things, more power to you. That's your bussiness and not mine at all. In fact, that is how my spouse and I chose to do things too. I did not want a child outside of the financial safety net and emotional commitment that marraige offered to me.

On the other hand, it is not my (or your) bussiness whether or not the PM and her partner are married. How fully consenting adults structure THEIR relationships is not my bussiness.

Last edited:
What if someone in office was diagnosed with cancer and needed chemo and radiation which can go on for months? Just because this is a known medical leave, does not make it a bad medical leave.

The Governor of Maryland, Larry Hogan was diagnosed with cancer (stage 3 non-hodgkins lymphona) about a year and a half after he took the office. He underwent treatment and is cured all while running the state with help of course as needed to fill in for him, which really wasn't that often. He's very popular in MD with both republicans and democrats. He's hardly the first person in a leadership position to have a serious illness.

The Governor of Maryland, Larry Hogan was diagnosed with cancer (stage 3 non-hodgkins lymphona) about a year and a half after he took the office. He underwent treatment and is cured all while running the state with help of course as needed to fill in for him, which really wasn't that often. He's very popular in MD with both republicans and democrats. He's hardly the first person in a leadership position to have a serious illness.

Exactly my point and why I had to read this thread more than once to make sure I was understanding the issue. Life happens behind the scenes of all sorts of jobs.

Not at all-I Do think starting any job while already pregnant is very different than “wants a family”

Both men and women have a risk of medical issues during their term.
Pregnancy however is a choice. Not to say she shouldn’t be able to have kids, but I do think it was misleading and unprofessional to take on such a role knowing she was already pregnant.

This wasn’t a chance of pregnancy, she was already pregnant (and knew) during coalition talks.

She didn’t become pregnant 3 months into the job-she was already a month pregnant when she started.
So what?
I am guessing most of this angst is because she is not the party you voted for?

She campaigned less than 3 months
Okay, makes no difference to me.

Listen, you are utterly determined to find someone to agree with you that she shouldn't have taken the job because she can still have kids.

I've seen no one on this thread agree with you. And I am truly glad of that. Maybe my daughters can break more glass ceilings over here in the states because minds are opening more and more as years go by. That is a good thing.

Good for your PM and I wish her an uneventful pregnancy and an easy birth.

So my mom hid her pregnancy for awhile at her work because they quickly "layed off" woman who were pregnant. I really thought those days were long behind us. How is being pregnant considered a problem or an illness? If the newly elected PM was a male whose wife was 3 weeks pregnant when he was elected would we be upset that he had not notified the country about the pregnancy immediately? I think not.

Okay, makes no difference to me.

Listen, you are utterly determined to find someone to agree with you that she shouldn't have taken the job because she can still have kids.

I've seen no one on this thread agree with you. And I am truly glad of that. Maybe my daughters can break more glass ceilings over here in the states because minds are opening more and more as years go by. That is a good thing.

Good for your PM and I wish her an uneventful pregnancy and an easy birth.

Exactly. I can't image anyone agreeing with this archaic attitude. I really thought we were past the days of thinking like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter