Pregnant at WDW!!

jessiegirl1982

DIS Veteran
So I managed to score FD at Pop 9/5-12 when it released early Monday... fast forward 2 days later to my BFP! Any advice for doing WDW in September at 23 weeks pregnant? I did do Disney at 10 weeks in August, and it was not fun, but hoping to be feeling better this time around (plus chasing a 3 year old around will help me not focus on how hot I am).

So I'm going to be 21 weeks pregnant with my second when I go in a few weeks (DD is 4 1/2 so a little older). The second trimester is the easiest; actually early in the second trimester I really didn't even feel pregnant and my boss was joking that he was going to need evidence of the baby for when I took maternity leave, but in the past week or so the belly is popping and I'll be in maternity clothing soon enough... Remember the first is when you are tired for no reason (at least I've always felt that a baby that is barely large enough to be seen shouldn't be causing me to feel so tired!) and hopefully over any morning sickness you may have. Typically the second trimester is where you are just beginning to show (although by 23 weeks with your second I'm going to go out on a limb and say people will probably know you are pregnant, unless you have amazing genes!). But still your not at that super big like towards the middle and end of the third trimester so you should still be able to move around. So long as you don't have any complications everything should be fine. The biggest thing to remember is to stay hydrated, listen to your body, wear comfortable shoes, and take it easy if you have to (which is sound advice for everyone, not just us pregnant women!). Oh and you can filter the rides in each park under Accessibility & Advisories (far right) for Expectant Mother Advisories under Physical Considerations (at the very bottom of the drop down menu that will come up when you click on Accessibility & Advisories). It will provide you the list of rides that Disney and their team of lawyers have decided that "expectant mothers" be cautious of... I'm just recommending this because it seems a lot of people go through lengths to find out the list when it is readily available on-line.

I wouldn't compare 10 week to 23 weeks because they are so different; plus September while hot is not nearly as bad as August. I believe the worst would be third trimester just before your doctor cuts off travel in August; that just sounds miserable and would be a trip I'd consider delaying; by that point who wants to be walking around a theme park in 100 degree weather all day! Good luck with your pregnancy and your trip to WDW!

So I'm going to be 21 weeks pregnant with my second when I go in a few weeks (DD is 4 1/2 so a little older). The second trimester is the easiest; actually early in the second trimester I really didn't even feel pregnant and my boss was joking that he was going to need evidence of the baby for when I took maternity leave, but in the past week or so the belly is popping and I'll be in maternity clothing soon enough... Remember the first is when you are tired for no reason (at least I've always felt that a baby that is barely large enough to be seen shouldn't be causing me to feel so tired!) and hopefully over any morning sickness you may have. Typically the second trimester is where you are just beginning to show (although by 23 weeks with your second I'm going to go out on a limb and say people will probably know you are pregnant, unless you have amazing genes!). But still your not at that super big like towards the middle and end of the third trimester so you should still be able to move around. So long as you don't have any complications everything should be fine. The biggest thing to remember is to stay hydrated, listen to your body, wear comfortable shoes, and take it easy if you have to (which is sound advice for everyone, not just us pregnant women!). Oh and you can filter the rides in each park under Accessibility & Advisories (far right) for Expectant Mother Advisories under Physical Considerations (at the very bottom of the drop down menu that will come up when you click on Accessibility & Advisories). It will provide you the list of rides that Disney and their team of lawyers have decided that "expectant mothers" be cautious of... I'm just recommending this because it seems a lot of people go through lengths to find out the list when it is readily available on-line.

I wouldn't compare 10 week to 23 weeks because they are so different; plus September while hot is not nearly as bad as August. I believe the worst would be third trimester just before your doctor cuts off travel in August; that just sounds miserable and would be a trip I'd consider delaying; by that point who wants to be walking around a theme park in 100 degree weather all day! Good luck with your pregnancy and your trip to WDW!
Thanks for the advice, and I hope you have a great trip too! DH will be happy because we will be at a slower pace (he loves relaxing in the hotel room), and DS "should" get a nap in every day (probably won't happen though). I was put on bedrest at 24 weeks last time around, but it is not reoccurring issue.. I just worry, and will buy the travel insurance now too!

Thanks for the advice, and I hope you have a great trip too! DH will be happy because we will be at a slower pace (he loves relaxing in the hotel room), and DS "should" get a nap in every day (probably won't happen though). I was put on bedrest at 24 weeks last time around, but it is not reoccurring issue.. I just worry, and will buy the travel insurance now too!

Yikes 24 weeks and bed rest! That sounds awful, I can't imagine what I'd do if they told me that (we moved last time and are moving this time, really no one has time to be on bed rest!). I'd lean towards travel insurance as well if that had happened to me! Good luck!

Yikes 24 weeks and bed rest! That sounds awful, I can't imagine what I'd do if they told me that (we moved last time and are moving this time, really no one has time to be on bed rest!). I'd lean towards travel insurance as well if that had happened to me! Good luck!
Yeah, I went a little stir crazy, but was "modified" bed rest, meaning no work, no housework, and sitting on the couch most of the day. It wasn't too bad, except also no Disney! I made the hubby take me to DL one final time when I hit full term.

I went to Disney at 20 weeks in August 2014. Honestly, never again....(especially since my tubes are tied now, lol). I had swelling in body parts that I didn't even know could swell. I felt like I was cooking from the inside out. Not pleasant.

We are going in August of this year, and I'm looking forward to tackling the heat as an individual being. Nothing could be worse. That being said, others feel differently. :)

I went during my first pregnancy at 25 weeks. This pregnancy I went at 6 weeks and am now going again at 27 weeks. I've been lucky in that I've had easy pregnancies and didn't experience any swelling or unusual fatigue. In fact, I feel like my normal self with a much wider waist. However, everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. I think 23 weeks is for the most part a great time to travel. You should be beyond morning sickness but not so close to delivery that you're miserable. Have a great time and get some gifts for the new LO!!!

Thanks everyone for your advice!! It ended up being a chemical pregnancy :sad1:... on to more planning for my Sept. trip to keep my mind off this!

So it looks like I will be pregnant at Disney (god willing!), but now 14 weeks! Hopefully morning sickness will die down by then! :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!