Pre-Booking Excursions Rhine River Cruise 6/18/18

quinnc19

DIS Veteran
I just received an email with this information:

In order to get a head start on their adventure planning, they will be able to pre-book select activities for each day of the cruise once their reservation is paid in full and they are within the following booking window:
  • First Time Guests-February 18, 2018
  • Adventure Insider/DVC Members-February 16, 2018
This sounds like a great change that ABD made in response to guest feedback last year!

So, what makes you an Adventure Insider? Any prior trip? A trip within so many years?

So, what makes you an Adventure Insider? Any prior trip? A trip within so many years?
To qualify as an Adventure Insider you need to have already finished one ABD. There's no time limits that I'm aware of.

You used to have to sign up for it, but my understanding is that it's automatic now.

Unfortunately, Adventure Insiders is only for folks in the United States due to legal limitations.

Sayhello

I'll be curious to see what we will be able to book...Disney has removed at least three excursions that "sold" us on the trip when we booked about a year ago. Hopefully they will have some great last minute replacements to fill in the newly created "on your own" time blocks.

Anyone know if they are doing this for the Danube itinerary as well?
They did not have the issues with excursions on the Danube Cruises that they had on the Rhine cruise. To my knowledge, none of the excursions had limits on them, and no-one that I'm aware of did not get the excursions they wanted. So it's really not necessary for them to do the early excursion booking for the Danube. They may still do it, but it really isn't necessary. I know they liked being able to discuss the excursions with people before any decisions were made.

Sayhello

What excursions do you think are missing? I am aware of the Anne Frank house but from what I understand there's really nothing they can do about that.

I'll be curious to see what we will be able to book...Disney has removed at least three excursions that "sold" us on the trip when we booked about a year ago. Hopefully they will have some great last minute replacements to fill in the newly created "on your own" time blocks.

Yeah on our Danube cruise there weren't any issues with capacity. They told us we could change our mind about which ones we wanted to do.

What excursions do you think are missing? I am aware of the Anne Frank house but from what I understand there's really nothing they can do about that.
There used to be a horseback ride with the Riquewher excursion and the gondola ride to the Niederwald monument was an excursion choice...last I checked those options had been removed. Plus the Anne Frank museum which is beyond their control but still disappointing nonetheless.

There used to be a horseback ride with the Riquewher excursion and the gondola ride to the Niederwald monument was an excursion choice...last I checked those options had been removed. Plus the Anne Frank museum which is beyond their control but still disappointing nonetheless.

Actually after typing this, I double checked and horse back riding was added back in since I checked two weeks ago...yay! :cheer2:

The gondola ride is still listed as available. It was even on the spreadsheet of activities that I guess I'm supposed to use to choose what to pre-book.

Oh good! The website made it look like it had been switched to a "on your own" activity. Thanks!

Both of those are still on there!

We are on your sailing as well! We are Insiders, so I'll be calling them first thing in the morning on Feb 16th!

Very interested to hear your experience with this! We are on the July 2, 2018 Rhine cruise (our first ABD). Please share how it all works out? We are PIF, so I assume we will be able to pre-book a couple of weeks after you guys do.

Very interested to hear your experience with this! We are on the July 2, 2018 Rhine cruise (our first ABD). Please share how it all works out? We are PIF, so I assume we will be able to pre-book a couple of weeks after you guys do.
First Time Guests-February 18, 2018

Sayhello

First Time Guests-February 18, 2018

Sayhello

Yes, I saw that, but we are on the July 2 sailing, a couple of weeks after the OP's sailing. I haven't heard anything from ABD about pre-booking yet, so I'm assuming our window for our sailing opens later. Our PIF date isn't even until March 4 (we just happened to go ahead and pay), so I don't think they would open pre-booking until after that, right? That would be great, but weird, I would think, since a lot of people haven't paid yet and could still change their plans.

Yes, I saw that, but we are on the July 2 sailing, a couple of weeks after the OP's sailing. I haven't heard anything from ABD about pre-booking yet, so I'm assuming our window for our sailing opens later. Our PIF date isn't even until March 4 (we just happened to go ahead and pay), so I don't think they would open pre-booking until after that, right? That would be great, but weird, I would think, since a lot of people haven't paid yet and could still change their plans.
I hadn't thought of it that way. You might be right.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!