~Practically Perfect In Every Way~ 8/18-8/28 at The Polynesian!

We didn't try dessert, because we wanted to try the pineapple lumpia from Pongu Pongu.

Pt7yHPj.jpg

8LEY7et.jpg

18zhC5v.jpg

SwkiPot.jpg

I thought they would be a packet of a few of them, but an order is for one piece. It wasn't anything to write home about for either of us. I didn't taste the pineapple. It just tasted like sweet crab rangoon to me.

TSTUO8f.jpg

pL5CLUO.jpg

EaasWrm.jpg

rPC0ZgN.jpg

NzKHTjT.jpg

3mtUvQL.jpg

7KbGBO1.jpg

6rFd6EW.jpg

We headed out of Pandora

BaTi3ib.jpg

ozxh5qI.jpg

And stopped at....

aTSQjg5.jpg

sHYGBGR.jpg

etgbYIh.jpg

You guessed it! Starbucks. I was sooo bummed when I tried to purchase the last "You are here" mug for my 4 park set. They don't carry them at AK, because they're redesigning them to include Pandora. :sad2: So guess I'll have to purchase it on our next trip!

I was also fascinated by the fact that Starbucks has their own special green paper straws. I think I assumed they would be the basic beige ones.

t32I1oe.jpg

Reactions: DLo
We headed over to Dinoland to use our Dinosaur fastpass, and ride Chester & Hester's Dinorama, which is one of my absolute favorite rides. I laugh the entire time.

gWa4tiN.jpg

HkXNbBp.jpg

VdhVPIX.jpg

So on Dinosaur, I sat next to this adorable little boy who was all brave and into it, but once the ride started he grabbed his mom's hand with one hand, and my hand with the other, and was terrified. He held onto us for dear life the entire ride. I felt so bad for him, but it was also hilarious. Every time his mom laughed, it made me laugh more. So our ride photo is DH and I looking at this sweet kid instead of the Dinosaur! :laughing:

eOvqtsN.jpg

DR7XgtS.jpg

u6cMkbl.jpg

9a87v7D.jpg

QY9glcU.jpg

2onl0u9.jpg

up next: maharajah jungle trek, tusker house, and more pandora!

Following! This is great! I'm staying at Poly for the first time in Feb with my family. I also love AK and have two AK days planned for this trip so I hope I don't run into a bunch of frantic people! How sad. Did you have fast passes for any of the rides? I'm hoping that with two days at the park I can split up the tiered Pandora rides and have plenty of time to see everything so we're not rushed. I wasn't sure if everyone was just running around like that because they were trying to get to the regular lines faster?
Edited to say AK and not AKL (stayed there last trip haha)

Last edited:
Following! This is great! I'm staying at Poly for the first time in Feb with my family. I also love AKL and have two AKL days planned for this trip so I hope I don't run into a bunch of frantic people! How sad. Did you have fast passes for any of the rides? I'm hoping that with two days at the park I can split up the tiered Pandora rides and have plenty of time to see everything so we're not rushed. I wasn't sure if everyone was just running around like that because they were trying to get to the regular lines faster?
How exciting! You will love the resort. It's absolutely beautiful, and so relaxing. Make sure you factor in down time! 2 days at AK is perfect, you won't be rushed at all. I had a FP for FOP for our 1st AK day at night, then booked another FP for another night on our down day, which we ended up using because the ride was so amazing. I booked a FP for Navi River ride for our 2nd AK day (our last day of the trip) but we didn't end up going. The crowds were rushing trying to rope drop Pandora, and from my eavesdropping on the bus and in the park, what I gather is soooo many people don't plan. DH and I discussed that so much this trip. How shocked we were that people are willing to spend so much money on a trip, and not do any research or plan at all. The chaos and frantic people were those people. If you have FP, you don't need to worry at all. Both times we rode FOP, it was hassle free, the 1st time was no wait at all with our FP, the 2nd time was about a 20 minute wait. (It was worth it). Having lunch wasn't chaotic at all, nor was walking around enjoying Pandora (though it was very crowded). I feel like Pandora draws more crowds, so the park is busier than it was last year (and I felt like it was busy last year), but if you have a plan, and FP's, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. We did everything we wanted to, and we weren't very commando this trip. I hope you have an amazing trip, and enjoy the Poly! If you like coffee, I highly recommend Kona Island on the 2nd floor of the main lobby! They're only open in the morning, then they change over to a sushi menu for lunch/dinner I believe.

When we've had shorter trips, four or five days, we've often skipped AK. I know what you mean about the love/hate with that park. In my opinion, there wasn't enough to do to fill an entire day. We would do AK the first half of the day and Downtown Disney (I know, I know, it takes me awhile to transition to new names) the second half. Pandora was needed there. Actually HS is starting to give the same feeling now. Epcot has always been my favorite with MK a close second.

You have me craving a Mickey pretzel now!

Looking forward to your Tusker House review. That's my favorite character buffet!

When we've had shorter trips, four or five days, we've often skipped AK. I know what you mean about the love/hate with that park. In my opinion, there wasn't enough to do to fill an entire day. We would do AK the first half of the day and Downtown Disney (I know, I know, it takes me awhile to transition to new names) the second half. Pandora was needed there. Actually HS is starting to give the same feeling now. Epcot has always been my favorite with MK a close second.

You have me craving a Mickey pretzel now!

Looking forward to your Tusker House review. That's my favorite character buffet!

Ha! I still call Disney Springs Downtown Disney too! And I agree about HS, I didn't even want to go to the park this trip, but DH did. Can't wait for it to finish getting the TLC it needs. And I crave Mickey pretzels 24/7 :laughing:

Last edited:
I was so excited to see the bats on Maharajah Jungle Trek this trip, and we got an amazing view of the male tiger. A cast member was out showing live feed of mother and babies. They of course were too young to be out, but soon :yay:

5DXgmkM.jpg

tuaGEJ2.jpg

DUUvCiv.jpg

h2sFh4D.jpg

lkMe1w8.jpg

lMpth2c.jpg

OlDS9O4.jpg

hSb5AZE.jpg

lkMe1w8.jpg

mtWkg8I.jpg

Q7ptPa1.jpg

1GEEFLl.jpg

T4QOEwo.jpg

J6w1LgS.jpg

lcztUS1.jpg

WxxAWeG.jpg

MauWHKG.jpg

IJq2z3h.jpg

WMqLMJY.jpg

B5PFWud.jpg

SpZ04gk.jpg

S9rgIha.jpg

SOeYAlr.jpg

I stopped for a root beer float. I don't know what it is with me and root beer floats at WDW. I never ever get them anywhere else. I don't crave them, or think about them, I just always end up wanting them while at WDW!

xexWczo.jpg

LDlguRq.jpg

Again, I know some of these are out of order, sorry!

6yerPr1.jpg

0h8YUte.jpg

j460yLB.jpg

1YKjEQq.jpg

The faces I make on roller coasters always cracks me up :laughing:

x5jDUpj.jpg

K5s6wwm.jpg

We made one more stop at Rafiki's Planet Watch so I could see my piglet friends again :love:

2YfjF01.jpg

3brXcg3.jpg

35Wf2ek.jpg

JF37777.jpg

We then headed over to Tusker House to check in for our ADR. We were about 20 minutes early, so we stopped for a drink at the Dawa Bar, and watched some amazing dancing and music. I was kind of bummed for DH, because he would drool over all the photos I showed him of the Bloody Mary's at Dawa Bar, and that was one of the things he was most excited to try. But when we tried ordering one, the cast member said they only have them in the mornings :confused3 I thought that was odd. DH ended up getting a beer, and I think I got Lost on Safari.

Uwwwna7.jpg

CmHDj1I.jpg

VHtQHRJ.jpg

ciixrIL.jpg

qq0uPZn.jpg

mWSsP3u.jpg

sFy5LKh.jpg

AfQgAPo.jpg

HPPeibu.jpg

Y9w6irb.jpg

tuWhdCY.jpg

Our buzzer went off right on time for our ADR. We had never been to Tusker House, and I was super excited. Neither of us were looking forward to the character aspect of it (I know, I know) and I think DH was secretly kind of dreading it. But he ended up doing great with taking photos with them. I think the characters kind of read your interaction. If you just kind of sit and wave, they get it, and keep it quick and simple. I did take photos, but other than that, we just kind of said hello, and got back to eating. I have to add, I don't know if it's an all-the-time thing here, but service was ridiculously slow. (Yes, I know it's a buffet). I only say this to advise others not to make any FP reservations or plan on catching a show immediately after dinner. When we sat, we were positive our server forgot about us. We waited over 1/2 an hour for someone to come take our drink order. I had to go grab silverware from the trays at the server station, we just kind of stacked our dirty plates up throughout our dinner, since no one took them. The server never came back to offer drink refills, you get the idea. I know service is probably more relaxed here, as they want you to get adequate time with the characters, and because it is a buffet. They may have been short staffed though, or who knows what. It could have been a one off for us. I wouldn't let it deter me from going back, however, because the food was great. There's a great selection for vegetarians, and everything was fresh and refilled often. The salmon was amazing, as was the shrimp with green curry sauce.

7QiCGUx.jpg

rHPSnOq.jpg

3QDpVuH.jpg

oD1zbNL.jpg

zgCLmdv.jpg

WuHExGx.jpg

q2nkaEk.jpg

IPzzh5Z.jpg

FNtOo6v.jpg

DYZItfT.jpg

PeoCr8q.jpg

IPzzh5Z.jpg

CC6ilDK.jpg

BbjewL7.jpg

NJfy5s4.jpg

7ri96x7.jpg

AFOfns0.jpg

zLrcJX2.jpg

mT8mPri.jpg

GNe8y95.jpg

gZCTsmL.jpg

Sanqjfr.jpg

porzDEf.jpg

IX9jcDW.jpg

AbpanAm.jpg
[/url]

As much as I liked the food, I wasn't a fan of any of the desserts.

qTFdYug.jpg

tbRcwZ7.jpg

zd4gcMg.jpg

69nkzzW.jpg

1LcemMI.jpg

mMvLoEO.jpg

C0QoqpD.jpg

E4pGAym.jpg

WlDzpT5.jpg

YpfeGbs.jpg

kAO94ua.jpg

Rkj571y.jpg

5d5P80P.jpg

68P2Tlt.jpg

C4ABy0w.jpg

GR4RXQl.jpg

az4M7mW.jpg

GSpcJ0q.jpg

C04gKkw.jpg

Un4FwUo.jpg

5qDDRlA.jpg

6tAAUk4.jpg

We got one of these bad boys while we waited for our FP window to open. It was tasty, but sooooo sweet. DH and I had to share it. The boba used in WDW is different for me. I love boba here at home, but every time I've tried it, it's a chewy tapioca ball. The WDW boba are little balls that burst when you squeeze them, with liquid inside. The "skin" disolves. I can see them being really fun for kids to eat.

The FP line for FOP was moving super fast, and DH was reprimanding me for trying to take pictures of the queue. I would run ahead, stop for a photo, then run again. But all my photos are blurry. The 2nd time we rode it, I got better pictures though. Unfortunately, when you use a FP for FOP, you don't get to see the avatar animatronic, which I would have liked to see. Maybe in a year or 2 when the standby lines aren't so bad.

SQLUe3P.jpg

sfKUhWQ.jpg

xOZbUsz.jpg

4OfsVP0.jpg

bVF2cKE.jpg

nrqthsF.jpg

02o66zs.jpg

IDV1Xir.jpg

XHSNCdk.jpg

This ride is the nicest ride I've ever been on. It's so smooth, and absolutely breathtaking. The screen and film is crisp and clear since it's still new, so it's flawless really. Everyone was oohing and aahing the entire ride, and everyone seemed to absolutely love it. It is definitely a don't miss attraction. I was worried about DH being comfortable b/c he has very long legs, and I've read mixed things about the leg restraints, but he was totally fine both times we rode it.

JdJLD9g.jpg

DQUM77T.jpg

NVjiIH1.jpg

I don't know if banshee availability is still an issue, but there were plenty when we went.

LnV6B3b.jpg

When we exited the ride, it was dark out, and it was like seeing Pandora for the 1st time all over again.

9TtmRlq.jpg

Ba69TYv.jpg

JBKdm2M.jpg

8FxOR4b.jpg

0EAfQqC.jpg

LZZRa6e.jpg

JH0D31T.jpg

67acDZz.jpg

Katt78O.jpg

NJRXLL4.jpg

hVaWhZF.jpg

LIAdfrD.jpg

ZlcCR4T.jpg

mrZk7uy.jpg

bUDI5cm.jpg

We headed back to Dinoland to ride C&H Dinorama again, and passed some more amazing dancers

KUNRd9W.jpg

sh7GSNX.jpg

sNhyI1B.jpg

70ne8lh.jpg

We passed Rivers of Light, and it looks beautiful and amazing. DH just never wants to do shows like that ever since Fantasmic on our first WDW trip together. He hates the bleacher-style seating. I will get him there one day.

ofubgtw.jpg

YGx6vUX.jpg

2gRRnX4.jpg

We made our way out of the park

Nwlw3fk.jpg

Ax4XJK6.jpg

qGkIcj9.jpg

When we got back to our resort, they were showing Wreck It Ralph outside

FSSBPwu.jpg

We were pretty exhausted since we didn't take any breaks that day, so we went straight to the room, showered, and called it a night.

Up next: DS- DLuxe Burger, Morimoto Street Food, Sprinkles, Jack Lindsay's Hangar Bar, Raglan Road... Dang we eat a lot! :laughing:

DAY 6: DS/ AK

The next morning we slept in a little (I think we woke up around 7-8 instead of our usual 6 am). I head to the lobby for my usual iced latte with almond syrup and my danish. DH didn't want anything, so I just got my breakfast and brought it back to the room to eat on the balcony while DH showered and got ready.

9Rg78QU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M2xMtFG.jpg[/img
https://i.imgur.com/xf4hQg8.jpg
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/T7kuRXJ.jpg
oa91AjD.jpg

6Vjfv3t.jpg

cQcyAep.jpg

We took the bus to DS and did a little shopping before lunch.

B6v2vpw.jpg

CJlUKIm.jpg

2OsUnFd.jpg

nPPNAVj.jpg

LiDg3JO.jpg

y6cWKki.jpg

qTXoOKI.jpg

CNeDcfh.jpg

UXpAkZB.jpg

b5m1zbH.jpg

1fUCF9O.jpg

dUe00FK.jpg

ryTTwdF.jpg

9aiTnGU.jpg

d4TzTVf.jpg

0uMg9jO.jpg

I ended up spending a small fortune in Under Armour :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Then it was time for lunch. DLuxe Burger wasn't really a must do for us, but DH was in the mood for a burger, and after him eating at Tusker House the night before (which is out of his comfort zone), I figured I'd keep lunch simple for him.
When we arrived, I was happy to see chicken and veggie burgers on the menu. I got the cluck burger, and DH got the el diablo burger. We asked to try all the sauces with our fries. For those of you that are embarrassed about asking to try all of them, don't be. Everyone else I saw ordering food was doing the same thing, and they are all prefilled. They just grab one of each and throw them on your tray.

Unfortunately, neither one of us liked the food. At all. I hated my burger, and didn't end up eating it. The garlic herb sauce on it had a really bad taste to it. And I love pretty much any cream based sauces, especially garlic. The burger itself had no seasoning or taste to it. DH didn't like his burger, and he swore it was uncooked (which was worrying him because of the chorizo (pork) inside. The sauces for dipping the fries were just meh. It's unfortunate, because the atmosphere is really nice, and relaxed, and the customer service was fantastic. We definitely won't be heading back there on our next trip, though.

7XTnDub.jpg

zqnwLWR.jpg

kj6ni7Z.jpg

aCLgrVt.jpg

wl1HjXe.jpg

rcHak65.jpg

2j9bkYX.jpg

9DOPI9S.jpg

2emGMQb.jpg

aV2Df6l.jpg

l5EWr6c.jpg

llDxg86.jpg

21PMi8v.jpg

e2nyZ7d.jpg

When we left, I was still hungry, and had really wanted to try the chicken bao from Morimoto Street Food, so we stopped there. DH and I split an order, which comes with 2 tacos, and I got the citrus popping boba green tea. Everything was delicious. I loved the bao, and the tea was so refreshing. The tea was slightly sweet, and the boba added that extra sweetness. They are also definitely not stingy with the boba! DH got a beer.

92yDVdh.jpg

Gd1OtJn.jpg

CUrPrwQ.jpg

Zuhnjll.jpg

vpjHxNN.jpg

bLNLL3J.jpg

rJUu4u1.jpg

aWnXJJ7.jpg

EzsvRdK.jpg

qfb0k6U.jpg

mapoKx1.jpg

WXGf3ot.jpg

ckXPGgt.jpg

My mouth is watering just thinking about that meal!
We headed to Sprinkles to get some cupcakes to take back to the resort with us. On the way, we passed a vendor with dog accessories! I was beyond excited. I always complain that they don't have enough pet accessories in the shops, and I think they would be big sellers! Could you imagine the market for collars/leashes, food bowls, doggie tees or bandanas, even collar charms with different characters? I know I would drop a small fortune. Anywho, this vendor had an adorable selection of Disney collars and leashes, and some treats.

NpP7oco.jpg

SOJuypi.jpg

SWdF8xV.jpg

I ended up getting the Ohana one for my sweet potato. Now I wish I got our little nugget before our trip so I could've gotten him one too! Oh well, next trip.

NcmwsdX.jpg

0Qr9ybe.jpg

MfZ5vWz.jpg

C6cXx6W.jpg

ynZ3abS.jpg

YIkCyYt.jpg

iUafuTg.jpg

Clockwise from bottom left, salted caramel, strawberry, rainbow sprinkle, and chocolate sprinkle. The rainbow sprinkle and chocolate sprinkle didn't make it out of the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter