Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

they hate the sparkling grape juice we all had on New Year's when I was their age
fyi for the future... Martinelli's makes a Wonderful Sparkling Apple cider. In our house, it's much preferred over sparkling grape juice.

As you can see from the drink band, we had Stepsister's Whine. Or grape juice.
:thumbsup2

Love the dinner idea! I think I might be stealing it soon.

Need some fast suggestions! My daughters want do an impromptu Disney dinner TONIGHT with an Epcot theme. I don't have time to pull together anything really crazy but I was going to try for something from several of the countries. For instance I can get churros and macarons at the grocery store but I would like something not so sweet as well. Any thoughts?

Need some fast suggestions! My daughters want do an impromptu Disney dinner TONIGHT with an Epcot theme. I don't have time to pull together anything really crazy but I was going to try for something from several of the countries. For instance I can get churros and macarons at the grocery store but I would like something not so sweet as well. Any thoughts?
We did plot last week when we did we had the fish and chips from Yorkshire county fish shop so yummy and very easy to make we also throw on a park radio app so we have Epcot music as well.

Fish/chips
Homemade pizza
Fruit sushi
Cheddar cheese soup with soft pretzels
Kabobs/rice
Tacos
Slices meats/cheese tray

Love the idea to sample food from the different worlds. Here are a few thoughts:
Canada- Popcorn or popcorn bar
Germany- soft pretzels- frozen section at store my kids love these
Japan- chop sticks
Mexico- quesadillas
France- French baguette, cheese
England- fish & chips, Cadbury Chocolates
You could also prints off flags and tape them to Wooden skewers.
Have fun!

This thread used to be jumping with parties. What happened?:worried::worried::sad1::sad1:

This thread used to be jumping with parties. What happened?:worried::worried::sad1::sad1:

Although my kids are now grown up, I still follow the thread and noticed the same thing. I saw your signature and see that you used to stay at the suites at Old Town. Many years ago, we used to stay there but then they went downhill and we started staying onsite. We have so many fun Old Town memories. But, last June, we drove over just to have a look around and it still didn't look much better. We had lunch at Checkers for old time sake and even it wasn't good. I kind of wish that we had just not gone so that we could have fond memories of our previous stays and not the one that is left in our mind now.

Although my kids are now grown up, I still follow the thread and noticed the same thing. I saw your signature and see that you used to stay at the suites at Old Town. Many years ago, we used to stay there but then they went downhill and we started staying onsite. We have so many fun Old Town memories. But, last June, we drove over just to have a look around and it still didn't look much better. We had lunch at Checkers for old time sake and even it wasn't good. I kind of wish that we had just not gone so that we could have fond memories of our previous stays and not the one that is left in our mind now.

It was going down when I was last there. If you booked through a 2nd hand company live Booking.com or Expedia (which is what I used) they will give you a room in the back that they use for welfare vouchers and homeless family vouchers. I found that out after getting in my room and it smelled horrible and wasn't as nice as the one I had stayed in in 2008. We pulled out the couch and there was a huge nasty stain in it, looking like a crime scene:(. I complained and was moved to the room right next door which wasn't much better. On my way back up to the front lobby I peaked into some of the windows closer to the front of the hotel and they were nice so I asked about those and was told those are the newly remodeled rooms that are available when booking through them directly.o_Oo_O So I drove to the dollar tree and bought cleaning supplies and rewashed (bleached) the sheets before we even started our stay there. Never again, especially if booking through a 2nd hand company.

It was going down when I was last there. If you booked through a 2nd hand company live Booking.com or Expedia (which is what I used) they will give you a room in the back that they use for welfare vouchers and homeless family vouchers. I found that out after getting in my room and it smelled horrible and wasn't as nice as the one I had stayed in in 2008. We pulled out the couch and there was a huge nasty stain in it, looking like a crime scene:(. I complained and was moved to the room right next door which wasn't much better. On my way back up to the front lobby I peaked into some of the windows closer to the front of the hotel and they were nice so I asked about those and was told those are the newly remodeled rooms that are available when booking through them directly.o_Oo_O So I drove to the dollar tree and bought cleaning supplies and rewashed (bleached) the sheets before we even started our stay there. Never again, especially if booking through a 2nd hand company.

Yikes! Our last stay there was in 2000 and our room was broken into. The police said that it was an inside job and that some of the housekeepers were probably being paid to "accidentally" leave the sliding door unlocked. The thieves took some things that were special to me and my sister's credit card was used all the way down the State and back before we even realized it was missing. We were gone from the room to swim and were gone maybe an hour or so.

Once we started staying in the Disney bubble, we couldn't turn back.

**Edited to add @dsnycrzy , I see that you've stayed at All Star Music too. This will be our first stay there and only second time in a value. I'm a bit worried. Any advise you can toss my way would be appreciated!

Yikes! Our last stay there was in 2000 and our room was broken into. The police said that it was an inside job and that some of the housekeepers were probably being paid to "accidentally" leave the sliding door unlocked. The thieves took some things that were special to me and my sister's credit card was used all the way down the State and back before we even realized it was missing. We were gone from the room to swim and were gone maybe an hour or so.

Once we started staying in the Disney bubble, we couldn't turn back.

**Edited to add @dsnycrzy , I see that you've stayed at All Star Music too. This will be our first stay there and only second time in a value. I'm a bit worried. Any advise you can toss my way would be appreciated!
I loved All-Star music!! I love all kiddie themed resorts. I used to stay at the POP Century bc of that. This year we are staying at the All-Star Movie for the first time. Only advice I can give you is to soak up the scenery and maybe take a stroll around to view all the musical themes.

I loved All-Star music!! I love all kiddie themed resorts. I used to stay at the POP Century bc of that. This year we are staying at the All-Star Movie for the first time. Only advice I can give you is to soak up the scenery and maybe take a stroll around to view all the musical themes.

Thanks for calming my nerves! We usually stay at CBR but I couldn't book a free dining room (even through the travel agent site) so I chose All Star Music. I love love love walking around the resorts and taking it all in. I'm excited to be able to walk between three resorts.

Hey y'all,

It's been a while...lol... Need some creative ideas for a theme night. Have Chicken Parmesan. Not sure what theme goes with that?? Thanks all

Yes I miss this thread but I still do parties! Well Chicken Parm is Italian so maybe Pinocchio

Hey y'all,

It's been a while...lol... Need some creative ideas for a theme night. Have Chicken Parmesan. Not sure what theme goes with that?? Thanks all

Lady and the Tramp?

I popped in here because I plan to have themed nights as a run-up to our next trip, but it isn't until next June, so I have plenty of time. The last time I did it, we had scavenger hunts around the house and the last clue led the girls to the movie of the night.

We are almost to our 100 day mark and once we get there (Sept 7th) we are going to start up our Disney Theme nights again. DD has requested Aladdin as our first movie. The only thing I have planned right now is to have dinner from Aladdin's eatery, sitting on floor on our "magic carpet", while watching the movie. My kids are teens so they basically just want to eat. LOL Does anyone have ideas for dessert/drink ideas to go along with our dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!