Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We have decided on booking a Thanksgiving trip. The fares do not seem too bad considering the time of year, but I am wondering if it is likely that they would decrease at all as it gets closer. What is the likelihood of that? Would the fares be more likely to increase? How long do you think I have to book before that happens?

Thanks!

We have decided on booking a Thanksgiving trip. The fares do not seem too bad considering the time of year, but I am wondering if it is likely that they would decrease at all as it gets closer. What is the likelihood of that? Would the fares be more likely to increase? How long do you think I have to book before that happens?

Thanks!

Depends on your dates of travel. Flying on friday-sunday after Thanksgiving are likely to see high fares that won't go down much if at all. If you will fly somewhere else in the next year then its safe to book SW now. Then watch fares daily. If they drop rebook at the new rate and you'll have a credit for the difference towards another flight.

Depends on your dates of travel. Flying on friday-sunday after Thanksgiving are likely to see high fares that won't go down much if at all. If you will fly somewhere else in the next year then its safe to book SW now. Then watch fares daily. If they drop rebook at the new rate and you'll have a credit for the difference towards another flight.

Looking at leaving for MCO on Wednesday, November 21 and returning on Monday, November 26. That Wednesday is the most traveled day in the year they say, so it seems that $209 isn’t too bad...that’s to get the time I want.

Help please! I am in Louisiana and I could fly out of New Orleans, Dallas (Love Field), or Little Rock My trip is Dec. 16-21,2018 -when do the discounted flights get released or when should i start looking if i going to fly Southwest? I need to buy tickets for 6 adults and 3 kids - I would love to keep it under $250 each or my husband is going to make us drive :( He said he will drive the 4-5 hrs to fly if i could keep it under $250 PLUS my grandson is obsessed with space and really wants to fly in the clouds (he is 4)-please let me know when i should check? and/or if it is possible to get a flight for that price and any other info. i may need. TIA

Help please! I am in Louisiana and I could fly out of New Orleans, Dallas (Love Field), or Little Rock My trip is Dec. 16-21,2018 -when do the discounted flights get released or when should i start looking if i going to fly Southwest? I need to buy tickets for 6 adults and 3 kids - I would love to keep it under $250 each or my husband is going to make us drive :( He said he will drive the 4-5 hrs to fly if i could keep it under $250 PLUS my grandson is obsessed with space and really wants to fly in the clouds (he is 4)-please let me know when i should check? and/or if it is possible to get a flight for that price and any other info. i may need. TIA

Have you been on Southwest's website to check prices? Looks like a lot of the cheaper flights are already sold out. I don't know that the prices will get any cheaper so you may want to think about booking sooner rather than later.

The least expensive prices are often on release date (especially for prime holiday flight time which I think you are so close to Christmas. SW released their December flights more than a month ago so like @eeyoreland saud, I would recommend booking now if you can find SW flights in your price range. I’m not convinced prices will come down further.
(We are flying in 6 weeks. I booked opening day and prices have never come down on our flights. Sometimes they do but there is no guarantee.)

Does SW ever add Wanna Get Away fares after that category is “sold out” for a date? Right now we are booked to fly into and out of TPA because it was so much cheaper, but really would love to switch to MCO. Flying Saturday after thanksgiving so that’s not helping our cause...

Does SW ever add Wanna Get Away fares after that category is “sold out” for a date? Right now we are booked to fly into and out of TPA because it was so much cheaper, but really would love to switch to MCO. Flying Saturday after thanksgiving so that’s not helping our cause...
if someone with those flights changes/cancels I believe it can open but it doesn’t happen often.

WGA fares for my flight just opened back up today. WGA has been sold out since about an hour after the schedule was released. That morning I bought 3 fares but needed 2 more. We are flying the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I've been stalking the site and today it paid off.
Good luck!

WGA fares for my flight just opened back up today. WGA has been sold out since about an hour after the schedule was released. That morning I bought 3 fares but needed 2 more. We are flying the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I've been stalking the site and today it paid off.
Good luck!

This gives me hope! I'm checking daily and ready to change if they open back up. They've been sold out since the day they were released for me also.

Last week Wanna Get Away fares were added to the flight and days that I was watching for the both to and from MCO. As soon as I saw them, and the price was acceptable, I grabbed them.

Last week Wanna Get Away fares were added to the flight and days that I was watching for the both to and from MCO. As soon as I saw them, and the price was acceptable, I grabbed them.

How far out from your trip were you? We are still 18 weeks out, so I am checking daily but it's nerve wracking. I guess absolute worst case we will stick with our original/current plan of flying in and out of TPA, so I shouldn't be stressing about it, but I am.

How far out from your trip were you? We are still 18 weeks out, so I am checking daily but it's nerve wracking. I guess absolute worst case we will stick with our original/current plan of flying in and out of TPA, so I shouldn't be stressing about it, but I am.
You're not alone, we are currently flying out of JAX, hopeful TPA or MCO come through for our flight back home.

We are considering adding a night to our trip.
If I change the return flight on my rt reservation will it just adjust the price of the return leg or both flights? I also have a flight credit due to an earlier price reduction and I'm wondering if I can use it on the same flights.

Thanks for any suggestions.

We are considering adding a night to our trip.
If I change the return flight on my rt reservation will it just adjust the price of the return leg or both flights? I also have a flight credit due to an earlier price reduction and I'm wondering if I can use it on the same flights.

Thanks for any suggestions.
you will go in to your reservation and select change beside your return flight. This will allow you to change that flight and only affect the price difference of that flight. If you have flight credits to apply, I believe if it’s for a different reservation number there will be space you can enter that confirmation number to apply the funds. If the funds are for the confirmation you are changing they should automatically be applied if you are signed into hour RR account.

Yes, I have seen this happen many times in the last 2 years or so. Seems like the new way that are operating: release WGA fares on opening day, raise them quickly, list them as sold out & then release them again a few months later. I travel from Buffalo but when it has happened to me, I have also checked many random cities & found the same thing in every city. I have posted about it before too., if you want to search for those posts. I did not check holiday weeks tho, because I don’t travel at major holidays.

We are flying over Thanksgiving - Nov 17-24 - which is about 17 weeks from now.

Our flight has gone down $20.00 if I call sw they give me a credit? Can I use that credit to pay for the early check in?
You can change your reservation from the old flight to the new flight at the lower price online and will then receive the credit. It cannot be used to purchase EBCI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter