Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I was so excited yesterday getting decent RT tickets..... Until I logged in today and realized I had enough points to get two of the RT tickets FREE!! I had no idea we had accumulated points last year.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the points instead? I don't want to cancel and rebook because it's probably unlikely I would use the credit within a year.

I was so excited yesterday getting decent RT tickets..... Until I logged in today and realized I had enough points to get two of the RT tickets FREE!! I had no idea we had accumulated points last year.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the points instead? I don't want to cancel and rebook because it's probably unlikely I would use the credit within a year.
There is a 24 hour grace period, by law, during which you can cancel for a full refund. If that's not doable, try calling Southwest.

There is a 24 hour grace period, by law, during which you can cancel for a full refund. If that's not doable, try calling Southwest.

Awe man, outside of the 24 hr period by a few hours. Called and there is nothing they can do. $500+ mistake. I'm kicking myself.

Dang...I've been away for a few days so didn't even realize the next release came out. Not quite ready to commit to February so hopefully I don't miss out on any good pricing. On the positive side, I rechecked our Christmas flights and they went down $58 so that got me under $400 which I feel a lot better about.

Two questions: 1) Does anyone know how soon after my SW credit card is hit with the annual fee that the points post to my RR account? And 2) I was refunded some money because my flight went down (it was a senior fare so that's why it was fully refundable). Does anyone know how soon I should see that refund come through on my credit card?

Non Disney related but … we try to always fly SW but in looking at the schedule for January they don't have a
non-stop option from FLL to STL mid-day the day we get off our cruise. I called and inquired about whether or not
they ever add additional flights and the agent stated no they do not. Just curious if anyone has experienced this before
as I don't want to go with another airline only to find SW adds what we need later. It worked perfect this past January ...

Non Disney related but … we try to always fly SW but in looking at the schedule for January they don't have a
non-stop option from FLL to STL mid-day the day we get off our cruise. I called and inquired about whether or not
they ever add additional flights and the agent stated no they do not. Just curious if anyone has experienced this before
as I don't want to go with another airline only to find SW adds what we need later. It worked perfect this past January ...
Southwest releases their schedule later than other airlines by design. They rarely will add or cancel flights...and I mean RARELY! I'd say the chances of them adding a flight for you are < 1% based on my anecdotal experience tracking hundreds of flights over the years.

Hypothetical:

If I booked a one-way that has a layover in MCO and get off at MCO instead of the real destination, would that make SWA mad at me? (Meaning, would I be on the naughty list?) I know we'd have to have carry-ons vs checked because our luggage wouldn't come with us. Just wondering about the rules... And if you're wondering why, it's cheaper points wise to book to the other destination vs booking to MCO directly :confused3

if you booked a roundtrip ticket they will cancel you return ticket
If you book it as a one way you will be fine just remember to take only carry on because your luggage will go on to the final destination

Hypothetical:

If I booked a one-way that has a layover in MCO and get off at MCO instead of the real destination, would that make SWA mad at me? (Meaning, would I be on the naughty list?) I know we'd have to have carry-ons vs checked because our luggage wouldn't come with us. Just wondering about the rules... And if you're wondering why, it's cheaper points wise to book to the other destination vs booking to MCO directly :confused3

When you deplane at MCO, inform the ops agent at the gate what you are doing.

To add on to my previous question... I'll want to bring our stroller and gate check it. We usually have non stop flights so I have no idea what happens to gate check items on connecting flights, especially if there is a plane change. Would they automatically move it to the other plane, or do people pick it up at the gate and take it their next flight? I just want to make sure I'd be able to collect it at MCO. If not, I'll look into renting a stroller and avoid the headache.

Dumb question - if I purchase EBCI for a connecting flight, do you get numbers for both flights? We have a short hop out of MCO (Ft Lauderdale), so its the connecting flight I care about.

Dumb question - if I purchase EBCI for a connecting flight, do you get numbers for both flights? We have a short hop out of MCO (Ft Lauderdale), so its the connecting flight I care about.

Yes, you'll get boarding passes and numbers for each segment of the flight at the time you check in for the first one. This is true whether or not you have EBCI.

This can be an advantage or disadvantage; based on if your flight covers more than one time zone, the direction of travel, and if the layover time is short or long.

Steve

Yes, you'll get boarding passes and numbers for each segment of the flight at the time you check in for the first one. This is true whether or not you have EBCI.

This can be an advantage or disadvantage; based on if your flight covers more than one time zone, the direction of travel, and if the layover time is short or long.

Steve

Thanks. One person is staying on the continuing on the same plane from the stop. Do they usually get to stay on the plane, so will she pretty much get her pick of seats for that leg, no matter her boarding number? (it's a 50 minute stop)

thx

Thanks. One person is staying on the continuing on the same plane from the stop. Do they usually get to stay on the plane, so will she pretty much get her pick of seats for that leg, no matter her boarding number? (it's a 50 minute stop)

thx

Yes, she will get to stay on the plane (99.8% of the time). They will ask "through passengers" to remain in their seats until everyone deplanes and the flight attendant counts the through passengers. Once that's done, she will be able to change seats.

Steve

thx
Weve stayed on and enjoyed moving up to the front row for the final leg of our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!