Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

Looks nice Chris, See that they are near Hershey. Do they perchance have a dog that Reba can give the Savage Sisters a review of?

They are located a bit away from Hershey, but they do have a shuttle that runs to there. It is a small campground, well kept, sites close together. They have a nice fenced in dog park that is hardly used, Reba was over twice today chasing tennis balls. The dog park area is big enough I can not throw the tennis ball the whole length, but mind you I was never a ball player. We have stayed here in the past, and I am sure we will again, as it is about an hour from home, but close enough for brother in law to pick up his kids on Sunday morning when we are done. There is a nice 2 mile trail that leads over to the AT trail.
They have a very nice store located on site, has wings, etc, all at decent prices. There is a Loves located right off the exit if you need fuel hooked up, if not there is a corner gas station once you unhook to hit with smaller tow vehicles.
We might need fuel again next March ??:cool1:

Looks nice Chris, See that they are near Hershey. Do they perchance have a dog that Reba can give the Savage Sisters a review of?

They are located a bit away from Hershey, but they do have a shuttle that runs to there. It is a small campground, well kept, sites close together. They have a nice fenced in dog park that is hardly used, Reba was over twice today chasing tennis balls. The dog park area is big enough I can not throw the tennis ball the whole length, but mind you I was never a ball player. We have stayed here in the past, and I am sure we will again, as it is about an hour from home, but close enough for brother in law to pick up his kids on Sunday morning when we are done. There is a nice 2 mile trail that leads over to the AT trail.
They have a very nice store located on site, has wings, etc, all at decent prices. There is a Loves located right off the exit if you need fuel hooked up, if not there is a corner gas station once you unhook to hit with smaller tow vehicles.
We might need fuel again next March ??:cool1:

Headed out to south central Illinois this weekend. Last weekend, after we got home from the DIS meet, we decided to try to find a site for this weekend. I was able to find 1 site in 100 mile radius. Not too bad for last minute. This is Gun Creek campground (COE) on Rend Lake.

First, first those that think WDW has worse heat and humidity than the midwest, here is a pic from the other day. This is last weekend. It is 97-99 this weekend
20180629_170530-1008x567.jpg

Site is right on the water.

20180629_204009-1008x567.jpg 20180630_104605-1008x567.jpg

Sitting by the dam waiting for fireworks now.

20180630_195609-1008x567.jpg

j

Jim, this looks like a beautiful campground. Is Rend Lake by Paducah. Seems like we have seen signs for this in our travels down to DW.

Joe,

Where did you camp in MB? We've stayed at Ocean Lakes and Pirateland, but they are huge, hot and kind of tight.

j

We were at Ocean Lakes as well. Yes very huge, hot and humid. I gotta say though the sites were tight, everyone was very accommodating and helpful with getting around to the site and parking.

Apparently DW had a better picture of Ocean Lakes at Myrtle Beach. Sites are tight but most are level concrete pads FB_IMG_1533939561791-540x720 (1)mb3.jpg

Went out this past weekend with friends and their new MH. For those at GSP last year, this is our friend June (that came down with us) and her husband's new MH. This is Okaw Valley Kampground near Vandalia, IL. Not big or fancy, but nice, clean and quiet. The owners are huge Disney fans. They loved the Mickey light. (put pics on her Fb page and said I could sell as many as I could make to her friends) I'm going to make her one in trade for some camping.

20180811_150014-1008x567.jpg

20180811_173516-1008x567.jpg

j

Went out this past weekend with friends and their new MH. For those at GSP last year, this is our friend June (that came down with us) and her husband's new MH. This is Okaw Valley Kampground near Vandalia, IL. Not big or fancy, but nice, clean and quiet. The owners are huge Disney fans. They loved the Mickey light. (put pics on her Fb page and said I could sell as many as I could make to her friends) I'm going to make her one in trade for some camping.

View attachment 343844

View attachment 343845

j

Nice, hopefully parts come in tomorrow and we get our camper back all fixed up. Working on a new base for our Mickey lamp as our last one has broken. Not sure if I will have it done for our trip in a couple weeks or not, gonna try. Camping trips mid Sept and Oct for us with the nephews, maybe another weekend or two just DW and I, if we can before the winter season rolls in.

The DW and I just spent the weekend with the Kentucky Tearjerkers Chapter at Kendall Campground. This is an Army Corps of Engineers campground associated with Wolf Creek Dam at Lake Cumberland. They also have an outstanding National Fish Hatchery and education center located there.

teardrop 3.jpg teardrop 1.jpgTeardjerkers 7.jpg teardrop 4.jpg
Hatchery 1.jpg Hatchery 3.jpg
Hatchery 4.jpg
A couple of weeks ago we were invited to the Tennessee Tearjerkers Chapter gathering at Cumberland Mountain State Park in Crossville Tennessee. teardrop 5.jpg teardrop 6.jpg teardrop 7.jpg

20180908_104319 small.jpg
Our campsite at Jellystone, Williamsport MD.

20180908_104342small.jpg
The other side of our site.

20180908_104428small.jpg
Dog keeping an eye on things.

20180908_120109small.jpg

But people did not let the rain stop them, still tubing.

20180908_144209small.jpg

Water hazards were a little bit out of control.....

We took the nephews on another weekend trip. Arrived Friday night after dark, and got the trailer backed in on the first go round, it was TIGHT but we fit. So it was raining when we arrived. Woke up Saturday and it was still raining. There were a few lighter periods and one or two times it slowed to a mist or stopped, but for the most part, solid rain. Entered a chili cookoff, and while did not place got some very nice compliments. Hard to beat the crew that brings their own voting block of campers. Our neighbors had just gotten back from camping at Ft. Wilderness, wish we could have spent a bit more time talking to them, but the weather was not our friend. Sunday, packed up and headed home.
Next trip with them a Halloween weekend in Gettysburg. May find a hitch hiking ghost......

Jim your sites great. Only thing I can say. You might want to move the corpse on your rug, if he reanimates as a Zombie he is a bit too close for comfort and if not a bit inconvenient to walk around and a tripping hazard

Out for a quick weekend. My dad and his wife joined us in their new (to them) Class B. 2007 Mercedes diesel. It is in very good shape. Everything works great. I spent all morning showing them how to use everything. His wife had a Class B years ago, but the only thing she knew was how to do was plug it in. My dad's idea of camping was driving to one of his condos in St Pete.

They are having fun.

20181006_170244-1008x567.jpg

j

The DW and I just spent the weekend with the Kentucky Tearjerkers Chapter at Kendall Campground. This is an Army Corps of Engineers campground associated with Wolf Creek Dam at Lake Cumberland. They also have an outstanding National Fish Hatchery and education center located there.

View attachment 353478 View attachment 353479View attachment 353490 View attachment 353481
View attachment 353486 View attachment 353487
View attachment 353489
A couple of weeks ago we were invited to the Tennessee Tearjerkers Chapter gathering at Cumberland Mountain State Park in Crossville Tennessee. View attachment 353483 View attachment 353484 View attachment 353485
What is that mini tent? Portapoty?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!