• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Portofino Bay Restaraunt advice

scotthart

You didn't see anything
We are heading to US for the first time this summer, staying at Portofino Bay. I have read the info on the US website regarding the restaraunts at this resort, but I need first hand advice. Which are kid friendly? Which would be best for a quick sit down breakfast? Is there a character meal offered anywhere? Does the hotel have room service and was it good? Thanks in advance for your advice!

First off - AKL Concierge is amazing, so ENJOY:cool:

I am staying at PBH for the first time next month and I have a lot of the same questions.
From what I've read so far, the hotel definitely has 24-hour room service which is great.
There is a character meal, according to The Unofficial Guide, at Trattoria del Porto, "one of PB's casual dining restaurants", from 6-9pm on Fridays... "Characters such as Scooby Doo and Woody Woodpecker attend. Cost is $19.50 Ad/$12.75 children...The PBH also has 4 other Ital. restaurants (all w/ childrens' menus), an Ital. bakery and 2 bars." Perhaps the bakery would serve light b'fast items but I believe I've read some complaints that the only place for b'fast was Trattoria (and that it's expensive)...

Good luck and have fun!

I can update the cost on the buffet at PBH $12.50 per child $25 per adult but their main menu is actually just as good and less exp kids meal $8 quite a few main courses desert and juice or milkshake the charcter dinner is a friday night be sure to reserve as it gets busy:jester:

We were there in November with an almost 5 yr old and went to Mamma Della's twice because of the excellent food AND the child friendly atmosphere. There is a place for quick (bagel, donuts, fruit) breakfast but it is a little on the expensive side as is the very delicious buffet at Trattoria. I think you will LOVE this wonderful hotel, ENJOY!!!!

Agree with Noah22898. Mama Della's is excellent -- wonderful atmosphere and food. Lots of families.

We ordered room service one night (late -- maybe 1 am?). It took an hour (understandable at that late hour), and it was your usual room service exorbitant prices. I think we had a pizza and a burger with fries. I don't even think we ordered a soda. With tax and already included gratuity it was $40. The food wasn't bad, but not $40 good.

Just another rave for Mama Della's - we were a party of 16 for dinner - ranging in age from 5 mos, 2, 10,13,15, 24, 29 etc, right on up to us old folks! - everyone loved the atmosphere, the service, the food, oh yeah - and the wine ;) - they were wonderful to us !:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter