Portofino and Universal

crazyme5kids

DIS Veteran
Only stayed 2 nights at Portofino which was a mistake. Next time we will stay longer. It is a beautiful hotel. Taking the boats over to the parks is fantastic!!! Barely a wait for the boats, Front of Line Access, Mardi Gras Parade, who could ask for anything more? We had a great time, but if anyone ever asks my opinion, I would tell them to plan at least 3 days there. We didn't have time to enjoy the pools, although my one son and I went to one of them at eight in the morning to fit some swim time in.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Portofino. During our first trip we didn't plan any down time and never got to enjoy the pool either (and we were there for 4 days, lol!)

Just got back from Portifino. I don't know how you can enjoy a hotel too much when boat lines are long, boats are 20 min apart, and the walk is 15 min long. I liked the atmosphere of the hotel, but its definitely different than the pictures. Hard Rock Hotel on the other hand thrilled me. I guess transportation and quality is what i most look for in an amusement park hotel. but... glad u enjoyed your stay!

What do you mean that it is different than the pictures? Could you elaborate on that a little bit?

I don't know what pictures you saw but Portofino is beautiful, quiet, elegant but not stuffy. It's exactly like the pictures I've seen. Don't forget you can take the bus if the boat lines are long, which I'm sure they are during spring vacation.

We were there the week before Easter (a busy time ) and didn't find waiting for the boat long at all. Only once was there a long line, but not so long we could not take the boat. We didn't walk to the hotel, so can't comment on that. I loved the hotel, just wish I had stayed longer.

Every time we left our room at the Portifino we got lost, but that is because we are directionally challanged!!!

We were there April 4th and 5th and never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat.

I called last week and changed our October ressies from 4 nights to 7 nights at the new RP.

I cant wait.

Patty

The waits for the boat transportation were long and hot. We ended up walking to and from the hotel. We usually made it before the boat did, and we did not have to worry about everyone fitting on the boat!

Other than that, we thought the hotel was beautiful, but really enjoyed HRH more.

Wow? I have stayed at PBH at least six times this past year. In the summer the boat lines were long, but everyone was able to sit on the boat. There is a shuttle bus which is quicker if you don't like the boat. The walk is one of the most beautiful garden walks there is.
I think the pictures of PBH are true to it's beauty. I just went this past weekend with my SIL who always stays at the Grand Floridian, it took me tow years to convince her to stay at PBH. Well, now it will be her new favorite! Sorry you didn't care for it. I personally find the HRH very cold in comparison to PBH. And HRH's pool is always crowded with no alternative pool to swim in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter