Port-A-Crib ?

shellbelle1971

7 young DIS-ers in our castle
We will be at SSR next year in a GV with some extended family. We will have 12 people total, including 2 babies. Is there any way to get a second port-a-crib? Or will we only have the 1? The babies don't sleep very well in a regular bed!

We could take one as checked luggage or even go buy one at WalMart or whatever when we get there, but we'd rather not if there's some way around it.

Just call Housekeeping when you arrive - someone will bring you an additonal Pac 'n Play portable crib. No need to go buy one or drag one with you on the plane.

Best wishes-

We called for bed guards (rails) and had no problem. So, I'm sure that getting an extra crib wouldn't be a problem. Just give the front desk a call when you get there, or call member services prior to your trip and ask them to put an extra crib on your reservation under requests.

Enjoy your trip!

I justed returned form OKW GV and we had 2 highchairs and 3 pack & plays. I had called housekeeping and they brought in a metal crib, since my gd didn't sleep well in the pack n play.

Hi: does anyone know if you can request a regular crib at any of the dvc resorts? My grandson will be a little over 2 yo when we all go to wdw, and I don't know if he'll be able to use the portacrib. thanks!

I don't think you can get a full size crib. What you can get is a metal crib that's bigger than the pack n play. I had Housekeeping bring one up last trip and our DS (22 mos then) slept just fine. It has a crib mattress and is on wheels so you can push it around wherever you need it. Much, much better than the pack n play for us.

If you need a full size crib, many people on these boards like to use a company called A Baby's Best Friend. www.abbf.com
They get high recommendation from many DISers. We've never used them because for us the metal crib was fine.

We travel with twin infants and have always requested an extra pack-n-play and receive it with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter