POR REHAB INFO/FTP

ls1222

DIS Veteran
I have a room only reservation booked for this Fall at POR. I have been calling since May 10th and checking Disneys website to try to book the FTP but it shows no availability for POR for those dates. Has anyone ever had luck with trying everyday to see if anything changes? I'm hoping that with a little luck I'll be able to switch the reservation to the FTP. Thanks.

I have read where some people have called to have their reservations changed to the FTP. Since you already have a room booked that could be possible for you to do also.

Good luck.

I would call WDWT and tell them you have a room booked already, and you would like to switch to the FTP!!

Thanks for your help. I did call Disney this morning and the CM said "not only can I not switch to the FTP but we could not stay at POR" she said my room only reservation would have to be changed by the relocation department and she put me through. I talked to a CM in that department and he went and talked to the supervisor. He said there was not any availability for the FTP due to POR rehabs. The supervisor said "at this point, I don't have to be relocated but it is subject to change". The first CM had me panicked!! The relocation department said that they are and would continue to close certain building at POR, and that it may come to closing most or all of the resort. He explained that because we are a family of five they would offer me two moderate rooms (at my expense) or a deluxe at a discounted rate. I really hope it does not come to this as we want to stay at POR. But I guess I'm out of luck on the FTP. On the bright side, I still have my room only reservation.

fairytale package. :)

it's a discounted package that disney is offering right now through the end of october.

Oh no! When is your trip planned for? We are also a family of five with POR ressies for late July/early August. I called the other day and was told by CM that they were only renovating POFQ and that nothing would be shut down at POR. I guess it just depends on who you talk to. I'm very worried about this.

lmm-We will be arriving at Disney on Sept 28 (we are going to Universal first). I've been reading some posts of people who have just returned and they do say "several building closed and a section of the foodcourt". I'm just frustrated because I don't feel like there is a straight answer for this situation. Maybe it is a good thing that the FTP was not available.

ls1222 - I hear you. I've had this booked since last year - I just want to know what's going on. It is very frustrating, we've been saving for this vacation for two years and want it to be perfect. If you don't mind my asking....what does the 1222 stand for? Just curious as my sons birthday is 12/22.

lmm-Too funny, my daughters birthdate is 12/22. Its my initials and her birthdate. How do you like that "too close" to Christmas birthdate? I hope everyone here keeps us posted on POR since its like pulling teeth with Disney.

I think I'm going to call again and see what they say - I'll let you know....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter