pop up asking me to update IE

I have a another user that is getting the same thing. Also no subscription info popping up.

I've been getting it also. My browser is set to automatically update when there is a new version. So I've been closing out the pop-up.

I've been getting something similar but with Chrome. It's telling me my software is out of date and to download an update.

I am having the same issue with Firefox. It's next to impossible to use these boards now- almost every time I click I'm told firefox is out of update. Clearly this is malware and it needs to be removed ASAP.

someone from disboards should change that banner that talks about this forum to say to stop using boards until this is resolved or take down the forums for now and put up a bump page. I'm assuming many people are falling for this. I was actually unable to get to this forum from within the boards as I kept getting the malware message. The only way I got here was to google "disboards technical support" which gave me the direct link.

i finally got the screenshots. i was using opera on a mac to view the DCL forum. after i logged out, i was immediately re-directed to this screen:

Screen-Shot-2015-02-03-at-9.24.43-AM.png

there was no other text on the screen. after i click OK, i got this one:

Screen-Shot-2015-02-03-at-9.24.56-AM.png

instead of clicking "Start Download" (which some users might do, eeek!), i used the X on the upper right corner to close this window, at which point i saw this:

Screen-Shot-2015-02-03-at-9.25.05-AM.png

i then closed the tab, but had to click "Close the window" (or something to that effect) on another popup when opera asked whether i really wanted to leave the page. and i closed all my windows and cleared my cookies before doing anything else again.

We will NEVER ask you to update your browser like this! If you ever get pops up like this, close them. Pay attention to the URL at top. This is obviously not from Google (Chrome) or The DIS.

you know what is funny is that i "liked" your post, and was immediately re-directed to the dumb page again, lol! tried to come back here to report this and was sent back to the malware page one more time.

here are two more URLs for you to track...

Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 9.59.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 9.59.39 AM.png

I got it repeatedly popping up in explorer yesterday while on the DIS. I knew it was malware or a virus, so I finally just shut down the DIS for the rest of the day. I ran a full scan on my computer to be safe, and it did not pick up any issues. I have been on quite a bit today, and it has not popped up at all.

Okay not 3 minutes after my above post, it happened. My whole screen when to white except for a box in the middle trying to "update my browser". (My browser is 100% up to date, and I have no doubt this is malware or a virus attempt).

Just get an ad blocker. Until Google removes it from the ad rotation, it will keep popping up. I don't know how anyone uses the internet without one anyway, there are way too many ways for ads to take over your browser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter