Pop Century Room Renovations

I’m drinking an ice cold bottle of water right now from the fridge in our room.
Thanks for posting this. I'm feeling better after hearing this from someone who's there now.

Does it make any difference if the fridge is full vs only a few things in it? I have a cooler that can be plugged in, and it cools better if it's full, vs our home fridge that cools to a certain temperature regardless of what's in it. I guess what I'm asking is if what's in the refurbished rooms is actually a mini fridge or is it a 'beverage cooler.'

You'll be fine.

It definitely does.

Actual refrigerators.
Thank you!!

Can someone who is there now and has the time, please let us know if Building 10 is now completely open? We will update post 2. Thanks.
I'll be there Tuesday. If we don't have anyone who's answered this by then, I can look around and hopefully give an update!

Can someone who is there now and has the time, please let us know if Building 10 is now completely open? We will update post 2. Thanks.

Someone posted a few days ago (Post #4022) that the entire building was open with the exception of 2 or 3 random rooms that still had the work orders on the window. I'd consider it completely open as any building (regardless of renovations) could have 2 or 3 rooms out of inventory for random reasons at any given time.

Still at Resort! I passed by the Preferred side of Building 10 and it seems to be totally open today. I don’t see any rooms with notices on the doors and I see suitcases in one room and a scooter outside another (both ground level). I’m pretty sure it’s all open now. If I get to speak to anyone about it today I will find out more.

My husband just saw a rat by the Hippy Dippy pool. Towards the back fence on the other side of where they play the movies outside.

Still at Resort! I passed by the Preferred side of Building 10 and it seems to be totally open today. I don’t see any rooms with notices on the doors and I see suitcases in one room and a scooter outside another (both ground level). I’m pretty sure it’s all open now. If I get to speak to anyone about it today I will find out more.

Thank you. Post #2 has been updated

My husband just saw a rat by the Hippy Dippy pool. Towards the back fence on the other side of where they play the movies outside.

Not unusual in Florida. I've seen them at a few Disney resorts and at Epcot, and others have seen them in MK. In fact, my sister's first job was working in a Public Works office here in Florida, and part of her duties was handing out rat poison to residents.

Yikes! Coming soon with small children! What was Pop Century's response?

The best thing you can Do with small kids is to stick to the cement paths. Don't let them play in the bushes or off the walkways.

Rats, snakes, etc are there. It's unavoidable. Just stick to the paths :)

The best thing you can Do with small kids is to stick to the cement paths. Don't let them play in the bushes or off the walkways.

This. There's wildlife everywhere. There's nothing abnormal about encountering wildlife outdoors while at Disney. Sticking to the paths is good advice. Don't venture into any water other than swimming pools.

Not unusual in Florida. I've seen them at a few Disney resorts and at Epcot, and others have seen them in MK. In fact, my sister's first job was working in a Public Works office here in Florida, and part of her duties was handing out rat poison to residents.
I didn’t expect them in the enclosed pool area (within the fence). I wouldn’t really expect rats at a Disney resort, but I could see if maybe it was out by the lake area. Why would the resort allow guests to leave their food trays outside their rooms for pick-up if they have rats?? Ugh.

Yikes! Coming soon with small children! What was Pop Century's response?

It probably would be nothing other than they'll check it out. Disney is wall-to-wall animal heaven. There are rats (and they aren't subway rats), snakes, armadillo, deer, cougars, wild boar, alligators. It's nature.

This. There's wildlife everywhere. There's nothing abnormal about encountering wildlife outdoors while at Disney. Sticking to the paths is good advice. Don't venture into any water other than swimming pools.

^THIS, stay out of their habitats. It's one reason Disney doesn't want you walking anywhere on property besides sidewalks. You will encounter wildlife and especially fire ants in the grassy area.

The only time I have ever said anything was a raccoon in the trashcan at one of the pools in the middle of the day. Could have an unwanted encounter with him if you were throwing away trash and being daytime to come into a busy area, he might have been sick. Otherwise, if I see one on sidewalk etc, I walk the other way. Well not a rat that wouldn't bother me as I'm sure he'll scamper off ... but a snake etc.

Even Templeton needs to eat. Rats always find a way to survive, and it was only inevitable if guests are going to leave their trash with any food scraps outside and mousekeeping doesn't grab it in a timely fashion...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter