Pop Century room 2161 haunted? anyone stayed in that room?

saraheeyore

DIS Veteran
Just want to check this out because my hubby saw something and i heard something
the room is room 2161 its the ground floor in the 50's building right at the furthest point away right near the lake near the skittle (bowling pin)
my hubby woke in night heard a noise and thought my daughter was up and going through her princess dresses but realised it was too tall for her and looked over to her bed and she was sound asleep my daughter is only 2. he then realised she had dark hair and sat up and the girl looked at him and then vanished
i was not sure if to believe him when he told me in the morning but then i noticed the coat hangers with the dresses on were not on the rail anymore they were on the bit that holds the shelf up not the rail
couple of nights later we had just gone to bed and there was a noise and i said to him whats that and he said its the coat hangers and they were moving about and hitting against each other. nothing there though

There are a couple of other threads about Pop Century room(s) being haunted. I remember reading them but I can't remember if it was just one room or several and I certainly don't remember if they talked about your exact room.

There are a couple of other threads about Pop Century room(s) being haunted. I remember reading them but I can't remember if it was just one room or several and I certainly don't remember if they talked about your exact room.

thanks that actually makes me feel better i will have a look for them
i left mousekeeping a note to ask but they must have just taken it and we never got a reply
feel kinda silly asking the question above but i would like to know more so we know its not us thats mad

Is there a ventilation duct near the closet? If there was air blowing, that would expain the hangers rattling. It would not explain the hangers moving from the rail to the shelf, though.

How creepy! I would have screamed at the top of my lungs~ and I'm into that type of thing

I think I remember that there were some haunted rooms in the 70's section of the resort. I think there were a few threads about them. It freaked me out so bad, I switched our resort in Oct..:scared1: :scared1: There was something about hangers in their threads, you will need to do a search. Sorry, I can't help you anymore.
Hope you find out about the little girl....sad:sad1: :sad1:

After reading the other thread it makes me wonder if maybe the little girl accidentally hung herself in the closest or something. It's just odd that everyone is complaining about the hangers banging and say theres no vent in the area. :confused3

After reading the other thread it makes me wonder if maybe the little girl accidentally hung herself in the closest or something. It's just odd that everyone is complaining about the hangers banging and say theres no vent in the area. :confused3

How sad....but that could be what happened to her.

I am writing that one down. I requested 50's building for my stay beginning 12/3. I am a scaredy cat and will be staying with DGD alone that first night until DD and DSIL fly in the next day. I WILL NOT be staying in room 2161 which I assume is building 2. Have stayed at POP 2 other times, in the 50s section, and never experienced anything like that! I am reading this alone in computer room. DH and DGD are asleep in the other 2 bedrooms. I put the light on in here but am now afraid to go into the rest of the house which is very dark! Should have known better than to read through all of the previous "haunted stories" posts. Had a friend at work who was very prone to these sorts of things and has had, and continues to have, encounters. Not sure what I would do in such a situation. Thanks for posting the room # and the previous posting was 70's section building 10 so I will not be staying there either!

all the others seem to be the 70's section we seem to be the only ones who have heard and seen something in the 50's

the coat hanger moving thing i would say was the air conditioning exept the vent is the other side of the room but i would have still maybe said it was just something blowing. the my hubby seeing the girl thing i kinda thought he was mad or just dreaming or something but when i saw the hangers had moved that freaked me

Was scared of being in there with just my daughter after things but wouldn't dare ask to move rooms either *** they would think i was nuts

hoping nobody else things i'm totally nuts

think i felt better that it was a little girl would have freaked more if it was a man or something

her loking through my little girls princess dresses made it kinda sweet

okay seriously! I am going in 3 days and staying at Pop.... and now I am just a little freaked out!:eek:

I have a ressie at POP in Jan. I hope I get a haunted room. popcorn:: My 18yo daughter will be so jealous. :worship:

Pop isn't very old. It opened in what? 2002 or 2003? If somebody's child had DIED in one of the rooms you would have heard about it.

If the room is haunted I would think the ghost came from whatever was on that piece of land before Pop.

In 1980 my parents bought a brand new house in Jacksonville, FL beside the Intercoastal Waterway. I would have sworn it was haunted. The street was a dead end, but beyond the end of the paved road was a dirt road. 3 or 4 families lived at the end of the dirt road - families that had owned the land for a VERY long time. There was a very old man called Bill who lived at the end of the dirt road at the edge of the swamp. Bill said there was a slave graveyard, but he wasn't terribly clear on where it was. My mom kind of wondered if the house was built on some sort of cemetery.

So, if anyone wants to know what might be haunting the rooms at Pop I would suggest figuring out what stood there a century or so ago. :rolleyes1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Leonsmom, you made me snort out loud at work. You are too funny!

:rotfl: Well I'm glad i could bre of service. Everyone could use a good snort every once in a while.

Ohhhhh! That didn't sound so good!
I swear i am a very upstanding citizen...... well except for when i am lying down!

Pop isn't very old. It opened in what? 2002 or 2003? If somebody's child had DIED in one of the rooms you would have heard about it.
No, no I wouldn'd because my finger would still be in my ears and i'd still be "La,la,la-ing all over the place.

There was a very old man called Bill who lived at the end of the dirt road at the edge of the swamp.
Okay yeah,
very old man+end of the dirt road+the edge of a swamp=HAUNTED,
I can see that!

BTW, I love your screen name. Cause everyone needs a good scare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!