Pop Century Post Refurbishments - Tub or Shower, Queens or King?

Oh dear, are all accessible rooms king? We are a family of 3 and need two beds. And thank you for adding accessible rooms to the list!
I really don't know. I think you need to contact Disney as they will be able to help you out much better than we can.

When you are making your reservation there is an option to select an Accessible Room. Did you select this? I think that will play very big into your room assignment. I do not know if there are any accessible rooms that accommodate a family of 3 with a roll in shower.

upload_2018-5-4_11-12-57.png

You may wish to check on the disABILITIES forum too as they may have much more information than we do.

You may wish to check on the disABILITIES forum too as they may have much more information than we do.

I posted on there too and found out that during the renovations they have been bumping out the angled doorways on the accessible rooms to make more space for 2 beds. So it looks like there are accessible rooms with 2 queens, hooray!

Oh dear, are all accessible rooms king? We are a family of 3 and need two beds.

No, there are definitely accessible (wheelchair accessible, not just hearing or Florida Special) rooms that sleep 4, with 2 beds. Previously this had been handled as a "king+double" but WDW has been bumping out the angled doorway to make the room large enough for 2 queens as well as the extra space needed for a roll-in shower. If you look online as @scrappinginontario shows above, you'll find rooms for 3 (dependent on date availability of course).

Have you contacted Disney to request an accessible room?

Accessible rooms are a bookable category and not a request. The actual accommodation booked should be guaranteed barring unforeseen issues such as maintenance, etc.

Enjoy your vacation!

2 queens
Tub

Went last September during Irma. My then 3 yo loved the double shower heads. He still talks about it. For our upcoming trip in August, I would prefer a tub again as we now new baby that will be 6 months, but could make do with a shower.

You are quite right. Room 9412 is a Standard Pool View Room so if you stayed there and only paid for a standard room you were Pixie Dusted with a free upgrade.
That is awesome! Thank you for pointing that out to me! It was our first time at Pop and I was convinced I wouldn't enjoy it. Boy I was wrong! Yes the cheerleaders were there and they were loud at times, but we couldn't have been happier with our vacation! It was great and to find out about the added Pixie Dust just adds to it!

I don't have a room to report yet, but I want to mention that thanks to this thread, I called Disney to request a tub/shower for my upcoming Pop stay. I called on 2 different occasions and talked to 2 CMs, both of whom assured me that all Disney hotel rooms have tubs. I said that's not true because of the refurbishment, but they said their computer system still shows all standard rooms having tub/shower combinations. They said the only shower rooms are handicap accessible rooms, which I didn't believe, thanks to this thread. I eventually convinced them to put in a request for me that I wanted a tub/shower, not just shower. I have a 2 year old and a shower will not go over well. You would think that the room selection options will include "tub/shower" or "shower only" as options, but they don't.

I have stayed in 7437, 7109 and 8437, and all three were two queen with tub rooms.

I'll have to look for the hard copy for my January stay. I deleted that room ready email so I'm not sure of the exact room number. Looking at the room maps, I think it was 7165, but I'll see if I can confirm. It was also a two queen with a tub room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!