Pop Century full pizza

CounselorX

DIS Veteran
So this next trip will be our 6th trip to WDW but it will be our first time using the dining plan. I know that getting a full pizza delivered to your room is 2 table service credits, but what about picking it up? Can you use 2 quick service credits? Typically, in the past, we'd buy the full pizza for around $16.00 which is a great deal for Disney prices.

Pickup is 2 QS credits + 2 drinks (2 sides too?). Reports I have been hearing are that in the resort food courts, they often allow u to swap your drinks for desserts, especially if u show them your refillable mug and say u have a drink already.

Pickup is 2 QS credits + 2 drinks (2 sides too?). Reports I have been hearing are that in the resort food courts, they often allow u to swap your drinks for desserts, especially if u show them your refillable mug and say u have a drink already.

Thanks. That's good to know that we can still get pizzas on our lazy days. Do you mean it possibly comes with 2 drinks and 2 sides, or 2 drinks that can possibly be substituted with 2 sides/desserts?

I wonder if people ask at checkout first, and then go grab a dessert, or if they just bring their dessert up with their pizza and hope it works out. lol. These "unknowns" have been what kept me from ever choosing the dining plan in the past, but free dining was too good to pass up this year so I'll get the hang of it.

Still sounds like a ripoff. The pizza is $16? A QS credit is good for $17 in the parks, generally QS meal is $13 plus the $4 drink. I get that you don't need a drink. But it's basically wasting the second QS credit for the remaining $3. You'd be better off getting your own meals value wise.

Still sounds like a ripoff. The pizza is $16? A QS credit is good for $17 in the parks, generally QS meal is $13 plus the $4 drink. I get that you don't need a drink. But it's basically wasting the second QS credit for the remaining $3. You'd be better off getting your own meals value wise.

Yeah. But not a bad idea if you have some extra QS credits to burn, though. Better to use them on a pizza than for them to go to waste entirely.

We did it twice last trip. Its a full large pizza and 2 drinks for 2QS credits. As many toppings as you want at no additional charge and they bake it fresh while you wait. It fed the 3 of us dinner and we had leftovers for breakfast the next morning.

Kind of. You can call it a ripoff because it's cheap, but actually it's only cheap because it's a way better deal than meals. For example, a meal from the same counter that includes 1/4 of a pizza and a small salad is around $12 (with no drink). So, we could get 2 of those meals worth "$24.00" of value, and you'd be getting half a pizza less than the "ripoff" of getting a $16 pizza. I do agree with your main point, though, which is why we usually don't get a dining plan and pay way less out-of-pocket. This time, though, free dining is saving us a lot more than the room discount would have.

I think the pizza is a great deal. Three or four can eat for the cost of two credits. To swap for the dessert/snack I have always brought it up with us to the register and told them I am substituting. Or you can tell them you want to substitute and ice cream and they will notate your receipt for you to go back and get the ice cream within (I believe) the next hour.

I actually think it's a relatively decent deal, depending on how many share the pizza. When we went (this was before the most recent change) we used 2 QS credits, and got the large pizza, two desserts and two drinks. Then four people had dinner (we were with adult friends, so five counting my son who was smaller at the time), so it was a better deal than if we all went separately and used four credits. Just depends how you look at it.

I think the pizza is a great deal bc it feeds my family of 4 while only using 2 credits.
When we aren't on the dining plan it is the best deal at WDW for lunch or dinner.

I'm glad I happened on this information. I had to add a room only reservation and an additional person to our trip (after the free dining promo had ended). So having the 3 kids split a 2 QS credit pizza will help me stretch the credits. I am strategically planning every meal to cover all 5 of us instead of just 4.

I actually think it's a relatively decent deal, depending on how many share the pizza. When we went (this was before the most recent change) we used 2 QS credits, and got the large pizza, two desserts and two drinks. Then four people had dinner (we were with adult friends, so five counting my son who was smaller at the time), so it was a better deal than if we all went separately and used four credits. Just depends how you look at it.

And this is exactly why Disney LOVES their dining plan.

It doesn't matter how many people eat, you're still spending $34-36 for only $24 worth of food. You just gave Disney at least $10 of your money.

And this is exactly why Disney LOVES their dining plan.

It doesn't matter how many people eat, you're still spending $34-36 for only $24 worth of food. You just gave Disney at least $10 of your money.

I do get what you are saying mathematically - same as using two credits for a Signature restaurant. Full disclosure - we typically don't use the dining plan b/c it's not worth it to us, but if it's "free" (totally not) we get it b/c my husband likes it. However, my friends didn't have to use their credits, and we had extras. Not to mention we did have to eat, as did they, so if we had all used a credit for a meal then yes we would have gotten more for our money, but in at least three of the cases some of the food would have gone to waste, and I'm not all about that either. To that note, going to a character buffet in Disney is a ridiculous use of money for me as well, since I don't eat anywhere NEAR the amount that it costs to go to the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts