Pool View

carolinainmymind

Mouseketeer
We've just booked a dedicated 2 bedroom in the Pool View category for February. We actually wanted Island View but one of our nights was swooped up before we could book (Night 4 vanished just before our 7-month booking window opened...we are on points). So...help! Does anyone have rave reviews for Pool View rooms?

I've done some research on the site and it definitely doesn't seem like the most popular category. It seems like folks go Ocean View or stick with the rooms that are fewer points. I understand their are fewer Pool View rooms so I'm sure that's part of it.

Appreciate any thoughts!!!

We had stayed two nights in Waikiki with a beach view and 7 nights on a cruise, so an ocean view once we got to Aulani wasn't important to us. We really enjoyed our 4th floor pool view. i would have felt like I was missing some of the action if I'd been looking out at the island.

We had a 3rd floor Pool View in April after two prior trips with ocean view. We loved it and I plan on requesting this for future stays. We were up enough that people weren't directly walking by our windows but it felt like we were in a garden. We also were right above one of the entrances to the lazy river so I could sit on my patio and see my kids float by - for that matter I could also hear them arguing as they floated by :)

We have pool view and I've requested ground floor so we have a patio instead of balcony. For us the convenience of running back to the room without an elevator, plus being able to run out from the patio early to grab coffee/get in line in the morning, seems totally worth it. Others have said the same, although I know its not for everyone.
We'll see how we luck out, I'd love a patio close to Aunties so we can go back and forth easily.

Also, we're not doing points, but we are getting the fall discount, and going from a standard to pool view was minimal in cost, going to an ocean view was much more.

This TR makes a solid case for the ground floor pool view room, especially if you have very young children

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...r-old-and-a-baby.3490562/page-2#post-55412961

Although the pics are gone as they were obviously posted from Photobucket, post #27 has a walk through video of the room that you can still see and his written words describe why he felt it was a great fit for his family.

I saw this and it was part of my motivation. My kids are a little older so I no longer worry as much about balconies like I did when they were little and need supervision, that would be one reason. Also with 4 of us it feels like one parent is always running in and out of the room to get something or drop off a kid. (while the other parent is still in there, hence using the patio door is not an issue) I get impatient with long corridors and elevator waits in some condo/timeshare buildings.

Thank you for all the great update. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Originally we requested a high floor, well as high as we could, but I'm really rethinking that based on the TR @alohamom linked. That is a great report even without the photos it gives a great sense for the room. A few questions for anyone reading and that's stayed in the 2 dedicated 2-bedroom, do you know if the patio/balcony is the studio size or larger like on the higher floors? If longer, any idea if there are multiple gates that connect out to the pool area? And, if there are certain rooms that don't have the gates?

@OKW Lover thank you for the links to the views thread. This is such a great thread. I just wished I had started my research before all the Photobucket issues:( If anyone has photos that are linked without Photobucket, please please please send along.

Thank you again to all the Pool View fans. I think we'll be in that club shortly:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter