Pool at OKW

HFC1969

Grand Floridian Junkie!
I should have asked this question in my trip report but I forgot.

With all of the pools that are being overhauled or replaced, has anyone heard of OKW getting a new pool? That was really the only disappointment in our entire stay at OKW.

Haven't heard anything about a new pool at OKW. I kind of like the OKW pool, but my DD's prefer something a little more exciting!!!

Outside of the pools being closed periodically for regular maintenance, I don't think any major changes are in the works. The pool question was put to a sampling of OKW owners several years ago. Rather than increase dues by adding lifeguards and slides most OKW members polled voted to leave things the way they are. Being a dedicated DVC resort, expenses aren't shared with Disney for lifeguards etc., like at BWV and VWL. You can always pool hop, unless you'll be there during a very busy season.

"Being a dedicated DVC resort"

Does that mean only DVC members can stay at OKW?

Don't get me wrong the pool will not detour me from staying there, but I guess I love the water slides too much.

No, rooms at OKW can still be booked by non-members through Disney Reservations, based on availability. By dedicated, I meant that it is 'self-contained', not attached to a regular Disney resort like the Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge, therefore the recreational facilities are completely paid for by the annual dues that DVC members pay. Whereas VWL & BWV share their facilities with the attached resort hotel, and pay a proportional amount. Disney maintains a small ownership interest in OKW, the rest is owned by DVC members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter