Polynesian DVC laundry room

RNBelle

Mouseketeer
Hi, I just paid $9 to do laundry because everyone said there was no laundry room for studios. Is there only cash pay at the Polynesian? Thanks!

The DVC laundry is in the Moorea building on the first floor. It is for those staying in the DVC longhouses. I tend to find that resort CM's often don't even know DVC has a free laundry when it's at locations like PVB that are part hotel and part DVC.

BTW - all DVC have laundry rooms just for future reference. Then it's just a matter of finding them.

Haven't seen the new machines but the older ones have coin slots. Thing is you don't need to put coins to start the machine, just slide the empty coin holder to start.

:earsboy: Bill

Is this laundry available to non-DVC visitors who booked through WDW but staying in the villas?

Is this laundry available to non-DVC visitors who booked through WDW but staying in the villas?
I wouldn't think so, since a Magic Band is needed to access it. AFAIK, the MB reflect the reservation - either for cash or points.

But you can try. If your MB opens the door, nothing will stop you from using the machines (unless they are full when you arrive, LOL).

Laundry works for cash pay, much like the WD in a 1BR does. It is considered a unit amenity not a DVC perk.

WOW! This is new to me! I usually stay in two bedrooms and my last Poly Villa stay was for one night prior to a VGF two bedroom stay.
I am going to Poly Villas next month for a week and was not aware about the laundry. I would pay if I needed it but knowing I can just
run downstairs and not have to worry about coins and that it is included is great! Thank you all so much!

I would pay if I needed it but knowing I can just
run downstairs and not have to worry about coins and that it is included is great!

Going downstairs may not be enough, as there is only one laundry at the Poly: it is located in the Morea building.

This is great information. Thanks for posting the link to the laundryview!!!!

There are 4 washers and eight dryers. Which is a better portion than the usual one washer and dryer that are in some of the buildings at other DVC resorts. They still should have added a Laundry room to each building IHMO.

Haven't seen the new machines but the older ones have coin slots. Thing is you don't need to put coins to start the machine, just slide the empty coin holder to start.

:earsboy: Bill

I stayed there a couple years ago, there as no coin slot. Just turn it on like at home.

It was crazy crowded every late evening that I went to use it (3 times) during our stay last August. I agree that there aren't nearly enough washers especially since no Villa at the Poly has laundry facilities included. IMO each of the three Poly buildings should have a laundry room.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter