Poly room location

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the poly in a standard view in Jan. Is there any location request I should ask for? Also I waitlisted 1 night at the end of trip, do you think there is a good chance it will get fulfilled.
Thank you

When in January? If near the marathon, not very good.

Tokelau is closest to the main building and one of the pools. But I would think that the majority of Standard requests are for that building. In December I listed some specific numbers up the lake side of Tokelau and got one (see touring plans or tikiman pages to see room numbers). I had a spectacular room with a view of the Grand Floridian. I had stayed in a lake view the year before and found the view of the Grand Floridian the best part of that view as well. The room next door to me on that Tokelau trip should definitely be reclassified. Its balcony has a cut out on the lake side with a view of everything - GF, MK and Contemporary.

As for nabbing that day. First, simply stalk the site and you'll probably get it. Marathon weekend would be your most difficult time as people will book and not cancel as often as it is an event-based booking. However, the Polynesian inventory goes in and out more quickly than people realize. Why? Because there are tons of standard studios. And people change plans way more than DVC members realize. I put together a two week stay over Christmas and NYE after the seventh month window.

Stalk the website for that day. Don't forget about room service while there. Have a wonderful time. Such a great resort.

But now that all of the Polynesian has been declared into DVC inventory, it may be harder to get. More owners there wanting the same time you want and not wanting a bungalow.

Room advice - see my post.

Standard is three places - back of Moorea (greenery), all of Pago Pago (greenery/ parking lot and monorail) and all of Tokelau (greenery, pool view and a few partial lake views). Like I said Tokelau is closest to the pool and lobby. And a few units in Tokelau have partial lake view at one end.

Standard is three places - back of Moorea (greenery), all of Pago Pago (greenery/ parking lot and monorail) and all of Tokelau (greenery, pool view and a few partial lake views). Like I said Tokelau is closest to the pool and lobby. And a few units in Tokelau have partial lake view at one end.

Thank you again! I called and requested Tokelau. Is there anything else I should request?

Keep in mind that there are only a few rooms (I'm think 5 or 6) in Tokelau that have the partial lake/castle views. MANY, MANY request them.

My choice for the Poly would be to request Moorea. It's close to the TTC (so it's a quick walk to catch the ferry or monorail to the MK, and the monorail to RPCOT). The walk to the TTC transportation is about the same as that to the Ceremonial House. If you get the Moorea request, you're pretty much guaranteed a view of the inner courtyard filled with beautiful plants and tropical landscaping. It's also quiet - we don't care for pool noise, LOL.

Poly Resort Map

I would just request Tokelau. There are no bad views, and our last trip we had the best standard view. We were right at the end, so the view off the side of our balcony was the castle. On a prior trip, when I asked for specific sections of Tokelau, we ended up in Moorea. That said, while I was initially disappointed, we were on the end closest to the TTC and it ended up being very convenient. Luckily we were not facing the parking lot, for that reason alone I will always request Tokelau. That was our favorite Poly location even before DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter