Poly - balcony or patio?

kj&zb'smom

Earning My Ears
I am going in september with DH, DD4, DS14mos - and staying Poly LV concierge. Which is better with the kids the patio - so they could play on the beach when they wake up or balcony, so they are a little more reigned in.

I just don't know which is best. Thanks for everyone's input.:smooth: :Pinkbounc :jester: (sorry for so many smiles, DD insisted).

It's all personal preference I guess, we always try to get a balcony.

steve

There is a post somewhere on this board in resorts where Tikiman posted a view of both 1st fl and 3rd fl. The pics where probably from his website if you can't find the post. Take a look at them that might help you decide. Both look great! Hard to go wrong with that view !

Here are some smiles back to DD :jester: :) :D :earsgirl: :earsboy: :tongue: :smooth: :p :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Iwas nervous with my dd on the balcony when she was about 14mos old. We would never leave her unattended but she was quick and I was nervous that the slider would be left open and she would get out.(she was a climber). We had a patio room when she was a little older and I found that we could enjoy it more. She was never out there by herself but we spent more time on the patio because we didn't worry about her climbing and falling.

We always get a balcony with our now 4 y/o. I can't imagine having to chase a little one that goes off the patio when we aren't ready! At least the balconies are "fenced" in so there is nowhere for them to go. I like being able to keep the sliding door open and enjoying the fresh air and not having to worry about her. She can't get off the balcony unless she pulls a chair up and even then it would be tough. I also keep an eye on her so she is never alone anyway out there. With a patio I would not be able to do this as she would be gone the minute I opened the door! I can see myself now running across the beach in my nightie at 8am to get my sand loving kid to come back. Not a pretty site, believe me! LOL!

Have those of you that have been to the Polynesian had sliders that open on the second floors? I have 'requested' a balcony but who knows if I'll get one. I would love to be able to just open a window/slider to get some of that fresh air in. I know that most of the longhouses don't have balconies on the second floor. But do the windows open? Thanks.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts - my question was not about the view but more about the kids and it was helpful to get others' perspectives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter