Poll: For those who have requested connected rooms at PVB

You requested connecting studios at PVB- did you get your connecting rooms?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Rooms were not connecting but were very close

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am just curious of those who have requested connecting rooms for a PVB studio stay have you had your request met? We recently booked 2 PVB standard studios and did put in the request for traveling with and connecting. I am guessing that there are more standard rooms vs lake view so higher chance of getting connected with a standard vs lake.

I do understand that it is only a request and that it may not happen, we would be happy enough just to have rooms on the same floor.

The odds are very good anyway, but they are better for the standard rooms as opposed to lake view. There are 288 standard rooms and only 72 lake view rooms, so the set of possible connecting room pairs that could be available when they assign rooms is 4 times larger for the standard rooms.

Steve

We can't really say what the odds are without knowing the policies and procedures that the room assignees must follow. I'd expect them to make every effort to assign connecting rooms so that they check out on the same day. Not only would that enable them to honor connecting requests, but I imagine it would increase housekeeping efficiency.

I haven't seen a single report of a connecting request not honored. I expect we'd have heard about one by now even if they were extremely unlikely. In my opinion, connecting requests will be honored 100% of the time.

This is one request that is about as guaranteed as a request can be since only 2 studios do not connect to another studio. I've never read of anyone not getting that request. I've had 3 different stays at PVB and on 2 of them requested connecting studios and got them.

We requested, but did not receive. It was very early on in the Poly DVC. Maybe there just were not enough rooms declared yet and not enough people leaving. It did not bother us, though.

Of course if you request Tokelau, standard, with a partial MK view and connecting, your chances are about zip.

We requested, but did not receive. It was very early on in the Poly DVC. Maybe there just were not enough rooms declared yet and not enough people leaving. It did not bother us, though.

Of course if you request Tokelau, standard, with a partial MK view and connecting, your chances are about zip.

Really? Well, there's the first report! Early on at PVB shouldn't have made a difference other than Tokelau not being open but with reciprocity they are not restricted to assigning to certain rooms. It is the time I'd have expected it to be easiest for them to meet that request. Did you ask again at check in and they said no?

I requested connecting but the rooms ended up being a floor apart. Not a big deal, though. Both rooms were at the end of the hallway just a quick flight of stairs apart.

Especially since connecting was the last request in your list. :)

I requested connecting but the rooms ended up being a floor apart. Not a big deal, though. Both rooms were at the end of the hallway just a quick flight of stairs apart.

So another report. I believe that you posted elsewhere your children are adults so no big deal as you say but for those with small children who bought PVB with the intent for the second studio to be the kids bedroom it would be.

So another report. I believe that you posted elsewhere your children are adults so no big deal as you say but for those with small children who bought PVB with the intent for the second studio to be the kids bedroom it would be.

I wonder if they give priority for having children on the reservation.

Even though all rooms are connecting, they only connect in pairs, which makes it a little more difficult. So if there are 4 rooms in a row and rooms 2 and 3 are open, they don't connect to each other. 1 to 2, 3 to 4.

Very true. I do hope they would honor a request for connecting rooms when traveling with minors.

I bet we will see more and more complaints from large families who didn’t know what they were getting into at PVB with the studios as it sells out and were told by their guide that getting a connecting studio wasn’t going to be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter