Polaroid instamatics and film

Madi100

DIS Veteran
Our school has a carnival every winter, and we are going to take polaroid pictures. Does anyone know of a cheap place I can get film? The cheapest I have found is a $1 a picture.

Hve you tried Sam's Club, Costco or BJ's warehouse clubs?

We have been cleaning out my Dad's apartment and came accross this camera, a Polaroid Highlander Land Camera Model 80a in a nice leather case with flash and instruction book.

Does this have any value? Can you get film for it?
Is anyone here a collector? Would you be interested in this camera?

Thanks
Geffric

Your best bet is to research it on eBay. I see a current listing for one with that description with a starting bid price of $20 and a "buy it now" for $50. There's no bids on it, and I see others listed with a "buy it now" of $20. My guess is that it's probably not worth much. This is true of cameras that were very popular in their time. Kodak Brownies/Instamatics, Argus C3, Polaroids, etc. all fall into this category. The only exception is for rarer models of a given camera. As to your second question, it may be possible to find film for it... but it ain't gonna be cheap.

If it has sentimental value, it's probably be best to display it on a mantle or bookshelf. Otherwise, I'd probably dispose of it.

Does Polaroid film (600) go bad after it's expired. The fresh stuff on ebay is going for $$$$ and the expired is reasonable in cost. Is the picture quality worse when its expired? Do the pictures not show up?

Also, is the 600 film still sold in stores? I heard walgreens might have it?

I'm looking to buy the polaroid one600 camera (on ebay)....Just as a fun, random, use it whenever kind of camera :cool1:

Thanks for helping :goodvibes

Does Polaroid film (600) go bad after it's expired. The fresh stuff on ebay is going for $$$$ and the expired is reasonable in cost. Is the picture quality worse when its expired? Do the pictures not show up?

Also, is the 600 film still sold in stores? I heard walgreens might have it?

I'm looking to buy the polaroid one600 camera (on ebay)....Just as a fun, random, use it whenever kind of camera :cool1:

Thanks for helping :goodvibes

Since they stopped making the film, I would not buy a camera that uses it. In just a short time, all the film will be expired. Also, as you have seen already, the price is up b/c demand is high and supply is low. Sorry, but it is simply a dead format now.

This is a SWAG but like most things that are chemical (including film) the polaroid film can be expected to deteriorate over time. Storage conditions play a big part too. Refrigeration helps but we have no way to tell if it was refrigerated, sat on a store shelf at room temperature, or in a warehouse at a high temperature. It could be just ok, not good, or really bad.

I am afraid it is time to move on, things will only get worse for this format.

Yes it goes bad although you probably have a grace period of more than a year.

I was using some expired Polaroid film and the gel inside had congealed a little. When the print came out, an entire corner was black (actually brown) because the chemicals missed that area completely when spread out to develop the picture. I have seen this problem both with automatic eject (type SX-70) film and peel apart (type 108, 88, 87) film.

Hello, I have a question and I thought the photography board would be a good place to start.
Yesterday my friend & I found and bought a polaroid spirit 600 camera at a thrift store for $6.
Well, we quickly found out that it was only $6 because they don't sell film for it anymore!!
I know you can buy it online but I'm having trouble finding websites to buy it from--other than ebay.
Do you guys know any good websites where you can buy polaroid film (and at a reasonable price--we're both uni students so don't have too much $$!! haha)
We're dying to try out our new purchase though, so if anyone can help out I'd really apreciate it!

Anyways, thanks in advance for any help/tips!

If you just go on Google Shopping and type in Polaroid film you should be able to find some sellers. I did a quick search and while I know nothing about what kind of film you'd need for your camera specifically, places like Adorama.com and Buy.com both have Polaroid Type 600 packs of film listed. On Buy.com it looks like it's about $29.99 + shipping for 20 exposures...at that price, hopefully you are going to use it sparingly!

About a year ago Polaroid announced they were halting production of instant film. The last I read they were willing to license the technology for use by a third party but have not heard they have done so. According to this link from Polaroid, any remaining Polaroid film they produced will have an expiration date in 2009

http://www.polaroid.com/ifilm/en/index.html

I am looking for a decent, very small, point and shoot digital camera. Does anyone know anything about the Polaroid t1234? It's 12 MP and 3x zoom. Is it any good, if not what would be a good one that's very easy to use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter