plutosgirl trip report travelling

plutosothergirl

Earning My Ears
Well as reported we told the girls on the day of travelling we were off to Ashford to get the train to Disney, ..much excitement esp as it was snowing on and off most of the way.
When we got to the Holiday Inn Central it was Mummy and Daddys time to be excited, as they had run out of family rooms and had booked us into to adjoining rooms !!. As all with smallies know for the night before the big trip this was perfect. we didnt have to play the "lets all pretend to go to sleep together game":rotfl:

After chilling in our rooms for an hour we ate over the road at the harvester(early bird ) which was fine. We came back to the room around 6.30 the girls had a bath in THEIR bathroom , they were so thrilled by this and they were asleep in their beds by 8.15 while me and DH watched a bit of telly.

DAY 1
We were all up and dressed and on the way to breakfast by 7.30 having all had a really good nights sleep. It was strange that we saw no other families in the hotel either last night or at breakfast :confused3 ..but hey we got 2 rooms fantastic ...............................
Little did I realise things were about to get much better!!!!

Taxi came promptly at 8.15 and we were at the station and in the Disney lift by 8.30. Checked in through baggage and passport control , When we got our Eurostar tickets we had been allocated a table seat. Didnt get too excited because that had happened last year but when we got to the eurostar they gave us different seat numbers. But this year we got to keep our seats .!!!
I then checked in at the Disney Express desk and the lovely man and told me he recognised me from the hotel this morning ahh. Then that he had bad news ,the Hotel New York had been over booked and we couldnt stay there:scared1: My mind was racing, might this mean what I think it does ..

And it did :dance3: We had been upgraded to the Disneyland Hotel :cheer2: . I started to cry , stuff like this doesnt happen to us . The man was very sweet and held my hand as a tried to pull it together . lol. He said your husband will see you crying and will be wondering what I have said to you ...lol bless:
WHOO WHOO we were on our way to Disney with a table to the DLH life dont get much better.
MY DH was completely made up , though a bit worried to begin with when he saw tears in my eyes . My older Daughter was a bit miffed , we had always stayed at the Sequioa and the Hotel NY was going to be big treat this year ,she was ok eventually when she realised this was good and Mummy had happy tears not sad ones . And my youngest daughter wanted to know if she would have her own bathroom again:rotfl2: NOO I dont think anyone would be upgraded to a suite at the DLH ???.
The train journey was the best ever , whether this was because we were all sat together or not cant say but we arrived at Disney all very happy indeed.
NO queues at the DLH disney express desks and walked out into the Disney sunshine .........

:scared1: BOY it was cold ...I mean really cold and it was snowing and there was loads of slush:scared1: This was ok coz we had changed the kids into their snow boots on the train and had their snow suits in our rucksac ... so ... we went to our Hotel The one we have always called the PINK PALACE to change the kids and check in as much as we could
before going back out. Georgie had already fallen twice in the snow by this stage .
DSCF2038.jpg

DSCF2039-2.jpg

DSCF2049.jpg

DSCF2051.jpg

We got into the park, kids very excited we made our way down main street to Frontierland to see Father Christmas Village which was lovely in the snow and we also bumped into Jessie.
DSCF2058.jpg
DSCF2056.jpg
DSCF2057.jpg

Spooky Mansion was the first ride of the day

I was upset to see Belle's village already closed off and also Alice's Labrynth and so too the access to Comte de pays and Casey Jones Train . I think at this stage we still didnt realise how cold it had been ...or was going to get ...

Then we visted Adventure land
DSCF2060.jpg
DSCF2063.jpg

We decided to feed the children and get a warn up drink at Bella Notte before the parade and catch it early at Small, Small world
DSCF2066.jpg

We saw the parade which was lovely but no stops and the xmas parade was just Father Christmas Float and toy soldiers and elf dancers tagged on at the end . Last time we came for the end of The Christmas Celebrations there were 2 definate parades ..

Anyway I really tried to get nice photos but without gloves on my fingers were frozen and was finding it really difficult.

We decided to go back to our hotel and thaw out before the fantalusion parade and enchanted candlebration .
We were met by characters and hot chocolate at the hotel.. lovely we had a bit of a wait to get our room key ,. then at the desk another surprise ,we had been given Complimentary VIP fast passes. The room we were given was on the third floor on the west wing (just like the beast said YD) and our room was jaw droppingly great
DSCF2128.jpg
DSCF2108.jpg
DSCF2110.jpg
. We looked out onto a snowy gardens and swimming pool. I had to pinch myself it was georgeous
DSCF2113.jpg
DSCF2114.jpg
DSCF2109.jpg

Warmed up and happy we topped up with more complimentary hot choc at reception and headed for our now very short walk to main street . On getting there we were told no Fantalusion and no Enchanted Candlebration due to weather conditions. We were very disappointed and so were the children as they had been looking forward to the "light up parade ".. but it wasnt to be helped.So we sadly left the park

We had booked table for 7.30 at the New York ( we were meant to be staying there )This was Mia's choice, on our half bord plus vouchers we all got to choose one eatery each . To the girls sadness there was no chocolate fountain that evening but they still ate well and our meal was fine also . We left looking at Lake Mickey totally frozen ,watching ice skaters at HNY and making our way through the shops to get back to our hotel. We were suprised by the bag check /security still being open after park closure, but it does make sense we had to show our easy pass to gain entry to DLH grounds.

The Girls dragged us around the hotel shop again and were thrilled by the turn down service chocolates. Mia ate hers straight away but Georgie held hers claiming she was saving it , until we pointed out it was melting all over her hand and bare tummy, then she ate it fast !! it was about 10.15 and we all happily tumbled into bed

Oh WOW - an upgrade to the DLH :love: :banana: :banana: !!
Can't wait to hear and see more from your trip!

WOW!!! Fantastic, I know I'd have been crying with delight as well, just brilliant you were upgraded!
Love your pictures but it looks SO cold!!

Fab start to your trip with the upgrade:thumbsup2 Great photos:goodvibes

omg i would have been crying too. what a lovely surprise for you

the most fab of surprises!!!

i wud have been joining in on the crying - i had tears in my eyes reading it - doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp!!!

lovin ur pics, and cant wait to hear more!!!!!

Wow, what fantastic luck! :banana: I thought your upgrade to adjoining rooms in Ashford was good, but then the DLH woo-hoo :yay:

Can't wait to hear the rest now :goodvibes

You was so excited when you told me you had been upgraded :) what a lovely suprise.

I love your photos and your little girls were just adorable.

I am so pleased for you that you had so much luck in your hotel bookings & VIP fastpasses too. Your photos are great & your girls are lovely too. Off now to read the next installment.

I would had cried to for an upgrade :goodvibes
Wow how much snow :scared:

I've read your report in the wrong order lol. What a fantastic surprise. I was nearly crying reading this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter