Pleasure Island - what do you do during the day?

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
I've heard if you plan to go to PI at night to take it easy during the day by doing a "lesser" park - like go to Animal Kingdom or a water park. Or do you just do any park you wish?

:goodvibes I do what I want - but I only stay a few hours - take a nap - go the swimming pool in the morning hours - so I can relax and get ready to enjoy being out that night.

this is the first time in a very, very long time that I can do PI without feeling that I have to leave early. The other times my pet was at FW and I had to go for this late night walk....

So I hope I can do it!!! :cool1:

Honestly this is bad but we would go to the parks, we even did the drink around the world once before going to PI and had no problems staying til it closed. However we laid low the next day. Slept in and did TL and pool.

I generally just go ahead and do a full park day... of coruse, I don't usually go in peak summer, so I don't know if standing for hours on end in 90 degree weather would be too much of a drain. Muscle fatigue followed by highly alcoholic beverages, anyone? :)

Of course PI doesn't really get cranking until after 10, so you could easily have a gap between a day at the parks and PI. A nap, a swim, a nice dinner someplace...

DH and I usually do a park when it opens, eat lunch, head back to the room and nap. Then we get up and get ready (I have to look good, now don't I?!? :flower: ), and head over to DTD. Usually grab a sandwich at EOS and then do some shopping. By this time PI is open and we head over to catch the first comedy show and then go to AC for the rest of the night! Kungaloosh! :drinking1

I go to a park and give myself enough time to take a shower and eat and then head to PI. I'm on vacation and I make the best of it. I can rest on the plane or when I get home.

We dont really change our daytime schedule on a night we are going to PI. We just make sure we nap a little longer and head out a little later than we normally would. We usually go to dinner after 8pm and then to PI as opposed to nights we are heading back to the parks-we usually head back out after naps and showers around 5ish. We dont adjust what we do during the day or which park-they all wear us outin the end so we just go with it and have a blast!

I think it really depends on your level of personal stamina. I have no problem going hard at a park all day, then partying at PI all night. I may sleep in a bit the next day...maybe not make it to the parks the next day until 10 or even 11. But the schedule I normally keep takes an immense amount of stamina, so I'm used to it. Most people I know can't keep up with me... so if you're the type that needs to rest and recharge, then I would plan for an easier day the day of, and maybe the day after, PI. As others have pointed out, there's no real point in getting to PI when it first opens, so you have plenty of time for a rest between things if you need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter