Please tell me again...

For a price? People booking directly thru Disney at 180 days out + 10 is a benefit. I thought Bots were not quite legal if traced, but I could be wrong. They were stopped on ebay. TP doesn't sell the reservation, they just alert you for a price. Is it right? Just saying, but again I could be wrong.
TP doesn’t charge for the reservation finder. Anyone can use it with a free account.

I signed up for a free dining reservation finder and even when I checked the app right away I was never able to secure anything. The time was always taken.

Now I just check in the afternoon or right around the time the phone lines close. I don’t know why but that seems to work for me.

Yesterday I was able to secure a BOG lunch (I’m not sure if I’ll keep it if they are still using paper plates).

I also have reservations for Ohana dinner and breakfast, Crystal Palace lunch, BOG dinner and 1900 Park Fare dinner. All of those reservations were made when I checked in the afternoon or late evening.

Do you need an account to use the reservation finder? I didn’t think so

You have to have an account to use the ADR finder. There are paid accounts that give you full access to everything TP offers, and there are free accounts that allow you to use the ADR finder.

I found it a real challenge to figure out how to sign up for the free account and then using it became an exercise in frustration. Every time I got an alert, the ADR was gone before I could sign into MDE. I wound up getting the ADRs I wanted on my own by checking randomly and more frequently as the dates drew closer.

You have to have an account to use the ADR finder. There are paid accounts that give you full access to everything TP offers, and there are free accounts that allow you to use the ADR finder.

I found it a real challenge to figure out how to sign up for the free account and then using it became an exercise in frustration. Every time I got an alert, the ADR was gone before I could sign into MDE. I wound up getting the ADRs I wanted on my own by checking randomly and more frequently as the dates drew closer.

FWIW, even those of us with paid accounts have missed ADRs we were alerted to. It's not because you had a free account. (Not sure if you thought that was it or not - just clarifying.) As I think has been stated, they are not holding the ADR - it is still out there for everyone who's looking to grab: you, anyone else who had a TP search for that ADR, and anyone just looking for that ADR.

FWIW, even those of us with paid accounts have missed ADRs we were alerted to. It's not because you had a free account. (Not sure if you thought that was it or not - just clarifying.) As I think has been stated, they are not holding the ADR - it is still out there for everyone who's looking to grab: you, anyone else who had a TP search for that ADR, and anyone just looking for that ADR.

I did not mean to imply that I thought a paid account got better results on finding ADRs.

What I was saying is that it was not easy to figure how to get the free account. I stumbled on it somehow, and when a relative wanted to try signing up for one, he couldn’t figure it out, and I could not tell him how to do it.

The problem with TP’s ADR finder is that you are competing with all its subscribers for the same ADRs. If you are looking for an ADR that other TP members want, all of you get the same alert at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!