PLEASE HELP....

Emme

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever stayed at the Days Inn Maingate West? It is a 5 sunburst hotel on 7980 W. Irlo Bronson Hgwy. It is a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel too. Help, please if you have any info on this place. Thanks!! :D :D

Hi basic nice motel, nothing fancy, rooms will cramped if more than two....don't let "Maingate" fool you...this is not Disney's maingate but rather a long strip of motels that are reasonably close Disney....If you are paying more than 55.00 a night unless you are going during Christmas or Easter it is a lot to pay....Ted

I'm Paying about $35 a night the week before Easter. It is me, my DH, and 12 year old DS. Can we fit? Are the rooms clean? How about the pool? Sorry so many questions, just don't want to make a mistake. Thanks anyone for any info... :D :D

You bet you will fit, Emmie, and you got a heck of a deal....Be sure to ask when you get there for room close to the pool and if your room is not clean ask for another....You will be just west of Disney on 192 or IBronson Highway. If you go to yahoo and search "days inn maingate west" and go to matches you will find a nice site on your motel. 192 to Disney is under some construction so be a litle patient going to Disney...for a great breakfast, lunch or dinner buffet try Golden Corral on your right as you go toward Disney..much better than Ponderosa....For a splurge, if you like seafood, do Angel's all you can eat Lobster, crablegs, and lots of other stuff at the Holiday Inn on your right toward Disney. This will be be a basic motel with a pool, but think of all the money you saved and can spend with Mickey!!Have a wonderful time, and remember inside of Disney, nobody knows what you paid for your room...you will LOVE it..Ted....by the way, our grand daughter's name is Emily, 20 months old and everthing she touches is "Emmy"s."

[This message was edited by tednvon on 03-04-01 at 06:41 PM.]

[This message was edited by tednvon on 03-04-01 at 06:43 PM.]

Thanks so much for all your help Ted!! We had reservations on Disney property as well, and we keep going back and forth between the two hotels. I just can't justify spending all the extra money on a room we will basically just be sleeping in. Thank you again, and enjoy that "Little Emmy" of yours!! Emmy :D :D

hope you don`t mind me asking a few question even though you went earlier in the year. we are booked to stay at the days inn maingate west for 3 weeks next year just me and my dh. could you let me know what you thought of the hotel/location/ease of access to the parks. we are only looking for somewhere that is clean and safe to stay as we don`t spend much time in the room, only really for sleeping and resting etc. if you arrived by plane did you land at orlando, if so how long did it take to drive from the airport and which route would be the easiest to the hotel. sorry for so many questions in one go, thanks alison;:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter