Please help me decide

Minniesgal

DIS Veteran
I'm doing my first solo trip in April no parks just winter sun chill time. Trying to choose between Steakhouse 71 and Topolinos terrace for dinner. Staying at BLT so Steakhouse 71 i convenient and I love their french onion soup and I'm a steak fan. Really want to try Topolinos but have breakfast there earlier in the week. WWYD?

Well don’t know how many nights you re staying but if only one the dinner menu @ Topolino’s interests me more than Steakhouse 71. I mean how hard is it to get a decent steak in the US of A? 🙂

For dinner, the main attraction at Steakhouse 71 really is the steaks. If you're not going to order one, I wouldn't go there.

Topolino's on the other hand is a lot more expensive. But I think it would be worth it on a resort only stay.

I wasn't impressed with Steakhouse 71's steak, mine was very tough, but it seems to be popular so maybe my visit there was just a bad night. Topolino's was great, but their Rigatoni dish is the stand out here over the steak. If you're open to suggestions, on our last trip we ate at Citrico's in the GF and their Oak Grilled Filet Mignon is the best steak I've ever had... anywhere. My Dad is the one who ordered it and he is a big Shula's fan. He said the same about the Citrico's filet.

Topolinos for dinner is lovely, I ate there during a solo trip a couple of years back at sunset, it was a gorgeous view!

My only complaint was that it's a LOT of food for one person, I wasn't able to finish.

I have ate at both. And both are amazing! I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

Topolinos for dinner is lovely, I ate there during a solo trip a couple of years back at sunset, it was a gorgeous view!

My only complaint was that it's a LOT of food for one person, I wasn't able to finish.
I guess at least it is an a la carte menu so I can order less

I wasn't impressed with Steakhouse 71's steak, mine was very tough, but it seems to be popular so maybe my visit there was just a bad night. Topolino's was great, but their Rigatoni dish is the stand out here over the steak. If you're open to suggestions, on our last trip we ate at Citrico's in the GF and their Oak Grilled Filet Mignon is the best steak I've ever had... anywhere. My Dad is the one who ordered it and he is a big Shula's fan. He said the same about the Citrico's filet.
The Rigatoni is definitely what I would have at topolinos. My only issue is I don't like truffle is is a strong truffle taste?

The Rigatoni is definitely what I would have at topolinos. My only issue is I don't like truffle is is a strong truffle taste?
I don’t like the truffle mac n cheeses I’ve had because the truffle taste is too strong, but I love the rigatoni dish. This is the best way I can describe to you. The taste is there, but not overpowering. The chicken and pasta are delicious.

I don’t like the truffle mac n cheeses I’ve had because the truffle taste is too strong, but I love the rigatoni dish. This is the best way I can describe to you. The taste is there, but not overpowering. The chicken and pasta are delicious.
Thanks think you’ve helped me decide on Toplolinos. Bonus I was looking to swap out my California grill booking for Narcooses as I think the prix fixe will be too much food for me but I’ve gone for Citricos instead. Thanks

I love them both for different reasons. They are completely different experiences. I like Steakhouse 71 as it's a pretty easy reservation to find, the food and service are good, the atmosphere is casual and the price point is decent for Disney. I find it to be a solid value, and we eat there often. Topolino's is more of an experience. The service is what you'd expect from a signature restaurant and the food is fantastic. The views are terrific - time your meal to go out on the patio for fireworks. It's more of an upscale experience and very expensive. You could easily spend twice as much there as Steakhouse 71. But man that rigatoni dish is on point and don't get me started on the ricotta app - yum.

It all just depends on what you are looking for.

Thanks think you’ve helped me decide on Toplolinos. Bonus I was looking to swap out my California grill booking for Narcooses as I think the prix fixe will be too much food for me but I’ve gone for Citricos instead. Thanks
You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy both meals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter