*Please explain how Xanax for flying makes you feel...

wdisneelvr said:
He said they would make me feel relaxed like I've had a few drinks.

Than why not just have a few drinks instead?

(Maybe I'm not one to judge... I've jumped OUT of a perfectly good airplane at 14000 feet... I LOVE to fly!!)

I take Xanax for every flight. I wake up nervous so I take 1/2 tab when I wake up. Next 1/2 tab before leaving for the airport.
Depending on my anxiety level prior to the flight I may or may not take another 1/2 tab.
I have fallen asleep after taking 1.5 tabs but only for an hour and I am never confused/not coherent.

Good luck to you---hope it helps!

Thank you again for all of your wonderful replies.

I'm sure I will have some anxiety issues, but hoping the Xanax will help.

Anything has to be better than being a white-knuckle flyer! :earseek:

I wish I could take xanax for my flight but I am breastfeeding and know that it is not recommended for nursing moms. Has anyone used anything else that has worked besides benzodiazapimes - xanax, ativan, valium?

I have taken xanax for several years for anxiety. When my son was old enough we decided to take him to Disney. We invited my mom and step dad to come along with us. I did not think they would go as my mom is petrified of flying...but, alas, it is amazing what a child can do when trying to convince their "favorite grandma". So, I mailed her a xanax tablet before they left and told her to take half when they arrived at the airport and then if she was still shook to take the other half when they boarded...well, when we met at the airport, she said the flight was not too bad.

Fast forward to leaving Orlando....we had got back to the room at about 11 pm.m and they packed, etc. They had to wake up at 3 am to head to the airport....with only about 2.5 hours of sleep. Again, I told her to only take 1/2 and if she neede it the other half as she boarded....well, she took the whole thing when they got to the airport.

My step-dad called and was laughing and laughing...between no sleep and no food excpet coffee, she was sound asleep before the plane left the gate and was snoring like crazy....snored all the way to Chicago...LOUDLY....then they had to catch a connection...and she was pulling one of those pull behind carry ons and she was dragging that thing upside down wandering down the concorse like a drunk! MY step-dad finally took it away from her and she comfortably got on the connecting flight to Milwaukee....and once she landed, she started to feel better......

KLAIT--thanks for the laugh!

I hope I don't get that zonked out on Xanax. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter