Please explain guaranteed park admission

kerri0616

DIS Veteran
So explain the 'fine print' to me. If I stay at an onsite Disney resort (actually, the Dolphin) over XMAS and the park reaches capacity before I get there, will I automatically be allowed entry, or can they keep me out?

Just wondering what the 'rules' are.

Thanks all,
Kerri

If you are staying onsite, you will be admitted to the park of your choice.

IMHO: If the park that you are attempting to enter is closed to non-onsite guests, the park will be VERY crowded. To the point that you might want to go to a different park.

You are guaranteed entry to A PARK. It may not be the one that you wanted to visit.

If MK is closed you will be able to enter Epcot for example.

Originally posted by mickey0216
If you are staying onsite, you will be admitted to the park of your choice.

As Safety Mom stated this is incorrect... You are guaranteed addmission to "A" park, it may not be the park of your choice... but you will be able to get into one of them.

The parks have phases of closing,

First they will stop allowing Day guests that have not purchased tickets in advance (meaning people staying offsite that are driving in that have not purchased tickets will be turned around at the toll plaza).

Second they will only allow Resort guests, Premium and Annual passholders, guests that are park hopping and anyone arriving via a WDW Resort bus or in a taxi (Taxi guest must already have a ticket). All others will be denied access due to capacity.

Third only resort guests using Disney transportation to and from the parks and annual /premium passholders (Shades of green and Downtown Disney resort guests using their hotels transportation will also be admitted). All others are denied access due to capacity.

Fourth the park is closed to ALL guests as it has reached capacity.

How often does this occur? :eek:

I have heard of people without advanced purchased tickets not being able to buy them at the gate, but wondering how often this has happened? At which parks and when?

I always assumed that everyone staying on site with advanced purchased tickets would have automatic entry at all times.

Originally posted by Dreamin' Disney
How often does this occur? :eek:

I have heard of people without advanced purchased tickets not being able to buy them at the gate, but wondering how often this has happened? At which parks and when?
It's most common for this to happen during peak season - from Christmas Day through and including New Year's Eve. Usually the MK is affected first, with the other parks not far behind.

I always assumed that everyone staying on site with advanced purchased tickets would have automatic entry at all times.
As you read, not true. FWIW, LiberytBelle is a CM who has had several different assignments at WDW. Believe she is currently working the MK. I'm very sure her info is accurate! :)

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter